Custom 24 Semi Hollow

cshore

I should be receiving mine on Wednesday. Does anyone know what the actual chambering/innards of the guitar look like? I'm curious how much of the guitar is hollowed out, considering there is only one F-hole and it also has a trem.

I just got one. To me it looks like the lower (bass) side bout is chambered, with the lower treble side bout is solid. But I haven't yet opened up the control cavity to check. To me it sounds like a chambered git, not at all like a 335. But it sounds glorious.

Thanks for the info about the bass and treble sides. That was basically what I was wondering.

Feel free to give me any more opinions you have about yours! Info on this model is super scarce!

I know if I were a guitar manufacturer, I would put some silly shape in there, like a coiled snake, or Munch's Scream face, or an embryo, so that if anyone were to take a sonogram, they'd freak out.

I know...i think because it's a limited run, they don't have much published info beyond the spec sheet.

Mine weighs in the 6-7 pound range and is very well balanced. The neck is a Pattern regular, and feels significantly more chunky than my SE Custom 24 Floyd...much more shoulder...but still comfy.

Clean, it sounds slightly fuller and warmer than my fully solidbodies. Distorted, it can get good attack, but does not get as ice picky as either my SE CU24 (which uses the SE HFS), or my 88 Yamaha Weddington Classic with DiMarzios.

I'm still exploring the sounds, but so far it has lived up to my expectations and more. I haven't yet gotten a chance to play it at band rehearsal yet, but hopefully will get to do that soon.

What color is yours? I have a Blood Orange, which really pops and is a nice contrast with my amethyst SE CU24.

12009653_10207653141231179_1863833714332217476_n.jpg

Thanks. Now the question is what to get as a backup. Anyone have experience with the S2 semi hollows?

I know...i think because it's a limited run, they don't have much published info beyond the spec sheet.

Mine weighs in the 6-7 pound range and is very well balanced. The neck is a Pattern regular, and feels significantly more chunky than my SE Custom 24 Floyd...much more shoulder...but still comfy.

Clean, it sounds slightly fuller and warmer than my fully solidbodies. Distorted, it can get good attack, but does not get as ice picky as either my SE CU24 (which uses the SE HFS), or my 88 Yamaha Weddington Classic with DiMarzios.

I'm still exploring the sounds, but so far it has lived up to my expectations and more. I haven't yet gotten a chance to play it at band rehearsal yet, but hopefully will get to do that soon.

What color is yours? I have a Blood Orange, which really pops and is a nice contrast with my amethyst SE CU24.

Thanks for the info! Mine is Aquableux. It should get here tomorrow, but I know that it's at a UPS hub 40 minutes away. I really wish I could just go grab it right now.....

Thanks. Now the question is what to get as a backup. Anyone have experience with the S2 semi hollows?

Love mine. The S2 #7's aren't for everyone, they're lower output and mellow on top, just depends on what sound you're after.

I have the singlecut version of the S2 Semi Hollow. I also have a Core solid body single cut.

I think the S2s are just a way for PRS to sell USA guitars out of wood with figuring that doesn't make the cut for the Core line. Instead of tossing a less-than-perfect top, they can build and sell an S2.

Some people don't like the S2 electronics but I really wonder if most of that is pyschological because they know the pickups were wound overseas.

I think the S2 Custom24 floating bridge is also built overseas. I can't speak for its quality as mine has a fixed bridge.

My S2 plays as well as my Core. It just doesn't look as impressive. So, long story short, it should make a perfect backup.

Thanks...the Blood Orange really pops. Thanks for the info on the S2s...it may be awhile before I pull the trigger hut it's good to know that the build quality is at or near the Core level.

Back