Crazy transactions

gush

Where is that speedo pic
About the time 8515s and the new ce24 came out i had started talking to this guy on a forum. If I remember right we were actually discussing the new ce model.

This fella started asking me questions about my older CEs and I had made a comment about wanting a set of 8515 pickups.

We went to private messaging and he had offered his 8515s out of his ce24. He said he didn't like them.

So he offers up these 8515s for 125.00 and I'm thinking WTH????

I actually tried to convince him that those pups would easily fetch more than that on the open market. He appreciated my honesty but decided that 125.00 was a fair price and that was it.

After a fair bit of discussion to determine if this cat was a scammer I paid him. Pickups came a few days later and they wound up in my McCarty right away.

We talked back and forth for several weeks and everything seemed normal.

He mentioned needing pups for a cu24 he had detuned and I had a set of Ms I wasn't using and returned the favor........125.00. Done deal and all good.

A few more weeks go by and he has another set of 8515s from another ce24 he bought. Again, he only wants 125.00 and again a tell him he could easily get more than that on the open market but he stays firm at 125.00.

I send him the money but he ghosts me. He has never responded to me on any platform.

Weird. I lost out on 125.00

I did reach out to some people he had been friends with and they all tell me he has issues that were combat related and when he stops taking meds he goes a little crazy.

My search for him moves from trying to finish a transaction to trying to find out if the fella is ok.

At this point, I don't care about the money or the pickups but I do care that he is ok. Not much else I can do. I send him messages from time to time trying to convince him that I just care about his well being but no response.

Strange

I can see how the thought would change to hoping he is okay. That is where my mind went when I read your post. You never know what can happen to a person. I have seen too many messages on forums where someone disappeared and it was found out that something really bad happened to them.

That’s really sad. I have numerous clients, and a couple family members who suffer from PTSD. It can totally disrupt their lives.

I’m like you… screw the money, I just hope he’s ok.

More than once I've wondered what would happen if I disappeared from here suddenly or if I would realize that someone had stopped posting that had been posting for a while.

I hope this random dude is ok, as well as all you other random dudes...and the random dudette Lola! :)

like what happened to jfb?
Rumor has it he is alive, well, and thankful someone thought of him. /wave
Last I heard he's alive and well, that was a few months ago if memory serves.
You’d be pleased to know I spent the last week working on theory so I can be a mini-Les and compose some stuff of my own. My previous attempts with guitar didn’t go anywhere. This time I worked with notation software and would call it a game changer for my studies. Seeing it notated made all the difference. I’m almost dangerous now.
Trapped under a massive modular synth in a Missouri basement, prolly.
This is close enough to the truth let’s roll with it. Desperately trying to avoid ordering a Colossus after my sales engineer said he could get me one.
Carcass is on tour. He's probably in a van between cities.
We should take in a Carcass show. I have tons of vacation and wouldn’t mind getting out of the house.

You’d be pleased to know I spent the last week working on theory so I can be a mini-Les and compose some stuff of my own. My previous attempts with guitar didn’t go anywhere. This time I worked with notation software and would call it a game changer for my studies. Seeing it notated made all the difference. I’m almost dangerous now.

This is close enough to the truth let’s roll with it. Desperately trying to avoid ordering a Colossus after my sales engineer said he could get me one.

We should take in a Carcass show. I have tons of vacation and wouldn’t mind getting out of the house.
Hey buddy, good to hear from you!

Probably in the middle of a Far East, PRS tennis table tourney!

Talking of MIA, has anyone ever heard from Lloyd. He always used to be a frequent poster on the “What are you listening to right now” thread. :(

Last edited:

He’s baaaaaack

And the “F” does not stand for Fred. Fact

Back