Crab Cakes?

hawklanding

Here's a completely random question which I'm sure one of you dedicated PRS folk will have the answer to... Years ago, one of the PRS magazine ads included a recipe for Maryland Crab Cakes - does anyone have a copy of the ad or the recipe? Having stupidly binned a load of old guitar mags, I don't have it any more.
I'm fortunate to have been to the factory (hello from Wales, Shawn!), and sampled some genuine Maryland Crab Cakes during my stay in Annapolis, and I'm hankering after some more - can anyone help?

Thanks in advance! :)

Had some great Chicken Chesapeake this weekend, but this thread still makes me want to pick up some crab cakes on the way home.

My mouth is watering now! Thanks for your suggestions, and great to hear from you Shawn! :)

Having done a bit of investigation, lump crab meat is quite expensive over here, so I'm going to do it properly and ask a friend to pick me up a tin of Old Bay on his upcoming trip to the US. Can you get it in Wal-Marts everywhere or is it local to the bay area?

...or I could hop onto a 747 and come over for the real McCoy... and maybe check out some cool guitars too! ;)

Amazon sells it in the UK (I was actually on the hook to make Crab Imperial when on a business trip in Wales not too far from Cardiff as it turns out...) Finding real Blue Crabs there will be a bit tougher though...

That's amazing, I never thought of looking on Amazon for food. Somebody buy that man a beer (or make him a crab cake)! As you say though, the crab meat itself is quite hard to find. Where were you in Wales, if you don't mind me asking?

Haverfordwest. Wales is beautiful. Also has the funniest pub-goers I've ever met. Not sure why that would be, but everybody is a comedian once they get a pint or two in 'em!

Yes, West Wales is lovely. In fact, my wife and I are heading down there next weekend to a place called Llansteffan for a few day's holiday. You're right about the pub goers - that's the indomitable Welsh spirit coming through! It certainly makes for some interesting conversations...

Mmmm...Obycki's...used to go to Inner Habor Baltimore every year...haven't had them in ahwile...

Man, that sounds good! I'm from the other Bay Area, the West Coast one--San Francisco born and raised. We don't have blue crabs out there, but we do have Dungeness crabs--mighty good eatin'! When I was a kid, we couldn't wait for November, the start of crab season--we'd go down to Fishermen's Wharf, buy a mess of boiled crabs, take 'em home and pig out! A little garlic mayo for dipping, nutcrackers and little forks for prying the meat out of the shells, a loaf of nice crusty sourdough bread--so good! I'd sure like to try blue crabs though...

Back