Core Soapbar Pickup Cavity Depth

I owe you a quaich

I owe you a pint. It does help a lot. I'm looking for a perfect Soapbar for some time and I was wondering if traditional Staple pickup would fit. It look like it won't :)
I've never removed the pickups, so maybe there's more to the story?
Also not sure if the older McCarty soapbar is different.
One wonders if PTC could provide more accurate information?

Yeah, I may ask the PTC. We just started talking about one of my guitars. The depth you got makes sense to be honest. The neck pickup sits directly on top of a neck joint and with McCarty body depth there would be very little to support the connection with the body. It's fine, though. SD Staple won't fit but the Lollar Stample-alike pickup will.

I will report back when I get more from the PTC.

Thank you

Yeah, I may ask the PTC. We just started talking about one of my guitars. The depth you got makes sense to be honest. The neck pickup sits directly on top of a neck joint and with McCarty body depth there would be very little to support the connection with the body. It's fine, though. SD Staple won't fit but the Lollar Stample-alike pickup will.

I will report back when I get more from the PTC.

Thank you
Not sure if it matters, but the pups in mine are Seymour Duncan Antiquities.
I've heard rumours that they are slightly modified, and that may be physical.

Not sure if it matters, but the pups in mine are Seymour Duncan Antiquities.
I've heard rumours that they are slightly modified, and that may be physical.

Yeah, the Seymour Duncan Custom Shop Staple P90 magnets and bracket extend to 1.135 inches deep (from the top of the pickup) - according to their customer support. Gibson cavity would take them, PRS won't. Lollar Stample pickup dimensions are like average P90 so it should be no problem to fit them in. They have no adjustable magnets like SD do.

There may be some packing material underneath the pickup, as p90’s are attached directly to the guitar body (usually).

Hence the cavity may be slightly deeper.

Back