Colors

Emerald is a darker green than Eriza Verde
aqapo3hifk3cyhtsdioc.jpg

This one looks like Eriza Verde, but it's listed as Emerald. Sure does look the same. Is Eriza Verde darker than Emerald?

This one looks like Eriza Verde, but it's listed as Emerald. Sure does look the same. Is Eriza Verde darker than Emerald?

Emerald is probably right. Looks like there's a ton of light coming in on some of those photos washing it out.

That reverb listing looks very much like Eriza Verde to me. Note how much yellow there is to it. I think they first stain the guitar yellow, sand it out, and stain again over the top with green. Maybe the other way round. By comparison, here's old-school emerald. Note the lack of yellow compared to that Reverb posting:

prs02.png

That reverb listing looks very much like Eriza Verde to me. Note how much yellow there is to it. I think they first stain the guitar yellow, sand it out, and stain again over the top with green. Maybe the other way round. By comparison, here's old-school emerald. Note the lack of yellow compared to that Reverb posting:

prs02.png

That's Emerald Green, not Emerald (and that's not confusing at all, thanks PRS).

Emerald has yellow in it, but it's like they upped the contrast compared to Eriza Verde. The darker grain lines are more pronounced. Eriza Verde also typically has a little green micro burst on core guitars, but maybe not always.

We've seen a couple good examples of Emerald Green, so here's Emerald...

750-CU248FTER_angle.jpg.auto.webp

And Eriza Verde...
750-CU240810EV_angle.jpg.auto.webp

That's Emerald Green, not Emerald (and that's not confusing at all, thanks PRS).

Emerald has yellow in it, but it's like they upped the contrast compared to Eriza Verde. The darker grain lines are more pronounced. Eriza Verde also typically has a little green micro burst on core guitars, but maybe not always.

We've seen a couple good examples of Emerald Green, so here's Emerald...

750-CU248FTER_angle.jpg.auto.webp

And Eriza Verde...
750-CU240810EV_angle.jpg.auto.webp
I feel like I’m taking crazy pills.

Those two Sweetwater examples above are really, really close in colour. Honestly I would have assumed they were the same colour.

I feel like I’m taking crazy pills.

I know right? Looks like they use similar dyes, but I would guess that Emerald gets hit with something dark first and then sanded back to make the grain pop more.

If you go flipping through Google images like I did, it'll make you go a little nuts.

Another element to take into consideration is that no two pieces of wood will stain the same color....there's always going to be some level of variation between guitars all stained using the same dye. The natural, unfinished color of the wood will always have some sort of affect on how a stain turns out.

Green, to me, seems to be the most prevalent in variating degrees of hues, and I see it most in Trampas Green and Eriza Verde.

Pretty cool stuff, really....

Another element to take into consideration is that no two pieces of wood will stain the same color....there's always going to be some level of variation between guitars all stained using the same dye. The natural, unfinished color of the wood will always have some sort of affect on how a stain turns out.

Green, to me, seems to be the most prevalent in variating degrees of hues, and I see it most in Trampas Green and Eriza Verde.

Pretty cool stuff, really....

So true.

Also Emerald:
750-MCTASE_angle.jpg.auto.webp

Also Eriza Verde:
750-StudEV_angle.jpg.auto.webp

IMG_1761.jpg
And don’t forget we also have Teal Black which in reality looks a ‘certain shade of green’
Usually I am not a flame/ quilt kinda guy, or Green!!!!!! But my friend, that shade……… That Flame, Chevron friggin beauty!!!!! Absolutely gorgeous!

Back