Cloudy finish

Stacee

I have a 90's Custom 24 with a cloudy finish. Is there a recommended product to use to attempt to clear it up? Will Zymol cleaner wax be OK to use?

Probably need to define cloudy. Pics might help. Hard to say what might help. Depends on if it’s on the outside surface or not.

You can’t do sh!t about it besides learn to love it unconditionally, or refinish it completely. Sorry.

I tried to upload pix but site wouldn't allow me, maybe 'cause I'm a newbie. And yes, I've already learned to love it unconditionally as it is, but because it has given me so much, I was thinking of gifting it with it's original beauty back once again, but either way, I love it. It anyone can assist me with how to download photos, I'll give it a shot. Thanks for all your replies.

DSEjiXF

Tried to post an image URL using Imgur, and as you can see, it didn't work

Tried to post an image URL using Imgur, and as you can see, it didn't work

The way I do it is, after opening the image in Imgur, right-click the image and select "Copy Image Address." Then in your forum post, after clicking the "Image" icon, paste the address you just copied, and voila...

DSEjiXF.jpg

Still hard to tell from the image, but it looks to me like the clouding is below the surface, thus, the only remedy would be a re-finish.

Gorgeous, classic guitar, though!

Thanks for the help with the photo, and yes, I believe it's below the surface, and yes, after trying different cleaning compounds, I also believe the only remedy would be a re-finish. It's still a great sounding and playing guitar. Thanks again!

Thanks for the help with the photo, and yes, I believe it's below the surface, and yes, after trying different cleaning compounds, I also believe the only remedy would be a re-finish. It's still a great sounding and playing guitar. Thanks again!

No problem, happy to help!

Back