Christmas NGD!!

DuncanCE22

So after wanting one for ages, My Fiancée bought me a Zach Myers SE for christmas. any way we all no the tech and the spec of these by now so I'll just show you the pictures.

I'm absolutely in love with it. I can't believe how versatile it is, by just a few turns of the knobs on the amp you can go from high gain Metallica to some smooth bluesy licks. It sounds so much better than my mates Les Paul Studio and plays better too, My opinion is it looks much better although my friend disagrees on that one.

I'll need to get some more photos of it along side my other guitars.

Sweet! Great top on that one, and they are excellent guitars! My buddy has one, I play it often when I go to his house.

Congrats! Nobody buys me guitars but me.... I'm gonna go leave an upper-decker in my GF's bathroom.

I have the same problem. Nobody buys me anything I actually really want! I mean, my wife is wonderful and she really tries, but she doesn't get it.

... but she doesn't get it.

Probably just as well. This is from an actual conversation I had earlier today while congratulating NGD's on this very forum:

Me: Damn.. Another one of my PRS buddies got a guitar from his girl.

Her: You know I'm going to buy you a guitar some day when I have money, baby.

Me: That's sweet, honey. Do you know what I would want?

Her: Santana!

Me: Yeah! Well a West St. LTD to be exact.

Her: Or something hollow? You talk about those a lot, but it's gotta have a whammy thingy.

Me: Yessir! (thinking I'm getting somewhere, or at least planting a seed) You know who to call when the time comes?

Her: Paul Reed Smith! (good girl!)

Me: Yeah, but you gotta call a dealer. You can't just call PRS up.

Her: Oh... a dealer? Okay, I know, I'll call Hans! (she actually thinks Hans is my dealer)

Me: No. You wanna call DFD.

Her: Who?

Me: Doug (f@ckin') Diamond. He works at Wild West. (shows her DFD Into The Vault video)

Her: Uhh... Why does he talk like that? Eww.. What is that guitar? It has two necks, that's gross it looks like a siamese twin guitar. I'm not getting you that. Those are dumb. That neck looks weird, it has too much zebra-striping looking wood, I think you'd like something plain. Ugh, not sure about that one either, I don't like the gold or that paisley case, I'd get you a black one. Ooh! Look at that blue one! I like the color on that, I know you don't like blue, but that looks really, really cool. I think I want you to build me a blue-jean guitar. (Youtube jumps to a different video) Wow, that Gibson looks pretty! Didn't you used to have a guitar like that? I like that. These are expensive, wouldn't you rather go on vacation with me? I think that's a better idea. I want to go to France, or someplace tropical, you like fruity drinks and palm frond trees. We should go to Vegas, we can get Celine Dion tickets! I love Silly D. Tickets are only a few hundred bucks apiece, that's really reasonable. I know it's funny but I'd love to see Brittney when we're there too! Oh, and clothes, I'm gonna need new clothes before we go. What do you think of these plaid shirts? I know you don't like blue but I think it'll look cute with some jeans, it gets cold there at night you know? Oh, we gotta stay at the Paris hotel! It'll cost a little more, but totally worth it. See? Don't you think a vacation and the memories we make there will last longer than a guitar? I think we should go. Lets see how much tickets are.... Hey! where are you going?

Me: I'm just gonna use your bathroom real quick, babe.

Probably just as well. This is from an actual conversation I had earlier today while congratulating NGD's on this very forum:

Her: Or something hollow? You talk about those a lot, but it's gotta have a whammy thingy.

Me: Yessir! (thinking I'm getting somewhere, or at least planting a seed) You know who to call when the time comes?

Her: Oh... a dealer? Okay, I know, I'll call Hans! (she actually thinks Hans is my dealer)

Me: Doug (f@ckin') Diamond. He works at Wild West. (shows her DFD Into The Vault video)

Her: Uhh... Why does he talk like that? Eww.. What is that guitar? It has two necks, that's gross it looks like a siamese twin guitar. I'm not getting you that. Those are dumb. That neck looks weird, it has too much zebra-striping looking wood, I think you'd like something plain. Ugh, not sure about that one either, I don't like the gold or that paisley case, I'd get you a black one. Ooh! Look at that blue one! I like the color on that, I know you don't like blue, but that looks really, really cool. I think I want you to build me a blue-jean guitar. (Youtube jumps to a different video) Wow, that Gibson looks pretty! Didn't you used to have a guitar like that? I like that. These are expensive, wouldn't you rather go on vacation with me? I think that's a better idea. I want to go to France, or someplace tropical, you like fruity drinks and palm frond trees. We should go to Vegas, we can get Celine Dion tickets! I love Silly D. Tickets are only a few hundred bucks apiece, that's really reasonable. I know it's funny but I'd love to see Brittney when we're there too! Oh, and clothes, I'm gonna need new clothes before we go. What do you think of these plaid shirts? I know you don't like blue but I think it'll look cute with some jeans, it gets cold there at night you know? Oh, we gotta stay at the Paris hotel! It'll cost a little more, but totally worth it. See? Don't you think a vacation and the memories we make there will last longer than a guitar? I think we should go. Lets see how much tickets are.... Hey! where are you going?

Hahahaha. It's funny because that's exactly how they think.

Funny stuff... except it's a bit too real. You sure you even need a GF...???? ... just sayin'.....

Dude!? Ok, I've been married 27 years and this story never changes. Guitars are way cheaper!

In the 123 years we've been married, my wife has bought me one guitar. A Gene Simmons bass. To her credit, she said she would never buy me a guitar without me telling her exactly what to get because it's not something that she'd feel comfortable doing on her own because it's such a personal thing. She said she'd be afraid of getting the wrong thing.

She's never bought me a hooker, either. For the same reasons.

Sergio, I feel for you. I can't say anything though, because my wife has bought me three of my four PRS guitars.

congratz!! that's a stunning looking guitar!! awesome fiancé.

my girlfriend promised my when i got her a ring and proposed to her, i would get a guitar; after 5 years of marriage, she got me a fender telecaster. out of the blue she surprised me, cause after waiting for all that time, all hope went out of the window believing me she just tricked me into marrriage... women!
anyway, Always cool to get something you really want.

First off: nice ZM and cheers to the fiancé.

To you guys who don't get stuff bought for you, maybe your technique is flawed. Mrs. gets me some really nice stuff, in part because she doesn't have to worry about me buying it for myself before she has a chance to give it to me. To make that easier for her, I don't buy anything between mid September (used to be end of PRS Experience) and my birthday in March. That way she can buy stuff I note as being cool, and she doesn't think is hideous. Might be Celine Dion tickets, might be bacon filled peanut butter, might be an Archtop.

Back