Chip Off The Old Blockhead Scores

László

Too Many Notes
So...in addition to the Partybaby band stuff, my son Jamie and his bandmate Noah are scoring and mixing a podcast series called “Blackout” that stars Oscar winner Rami Malek, who’s also the executive producer.

Here’s the trailer:

https://ew.com/podcasts/2019/03/13/rami-malek-blackout-podcast-drama-trailer/

Jamie is pretty adept at scoring, and won awards for it in college. I figure since we’re all musicians, we can relate in some way to what he’s been up to, plus, Dad brag! ;)

The first two episodes of “Blackout” starring Rami Malek (music and mix by my son Jamie and Noah Gersh) have dropped. If you have a podcast app, definitely check it out. It’s REALLY good. Even the radio music snippets are originals by Jamie and Noah, not just the score elements.

I’m the dad, but heck, I’m impressed with the quality of this thing.

The first two episodes of “Blackout” starring Rami Malek (music and mix by my son Jamie and Noah Gersh) have dropped. If you have a podcast app, definitely check it out. It’s REALLY good. Even the radio music snippets are originals by Jamie and Noah, not just the score elements.

I’m the dad, but heck, I’m impressed with the quality of this thing.
It is good.

Thanks for the kind words, guys, I passed along your congrats!

As of this afternoon - apparently there’s a company that actually charts numbers of podcast plays and downloads - it’s the #2 podcast, two days after release.

More episodes are in the works.

I resurrected this thread because Blackout won iHeart Radio’s “Best Fiction Podcast” award tonight.

Needless to say, my son and everyone on the production is over the moon. Fun to see him holding the trophy!

“Les, did he have to explain to you what iHeart Radio actually is?”

“No. Because there’s google.” o_O

Back