Chicken or the egg? (Santana/Westie content)

Should I get the brass bridge now?

• Grab the bridge now

Votes: 11 100.0%
  • Wait until you find the guitar first

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Here, I have too many Santanas. Let me send you one as a birthday gift

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Cool bike. Congrats.

That's home for me so I can relate. Although Ouray is pretty steep.

Thanks, I'm excited. So many good choices out there for gravel bikes.

Yeah, Ouray is awesome. Only hiked and mountain biked there. I love the drive in from Silverton too. I love CO, and usually spend 30-40% of the year there, but TX is home for me. Due to covid, this is first summer I have spent in TX in a few years, HOLY SH!T I forgot how hot it is here in July and August. :D Headed to Snowmass in a couple weeks to beat the heat and ride the trails and passes.... and drink beer with good friends that like to suffer too.

Giant Revolt Advanced 0. A lot of bang for the buck. My LBS said they will have it in on Thursday, super excited to get it. I moved to the TX Hill Country in December, and my Trek Emonda is killing me on these rough roads (plus it needs a different cassette for how steep the hills are). So, I wanted something that I could ride fast on the roads and still explore gravel and dirt. The climbs here are much steeper than CO, though shorter too. I have ridden mountain passes, canyons, and many long rides in CO with the 11-28 cassette on my Trek, and never thought it needed bigger gears. We have several climbs that have 18-25% sections on them in the hill country, and my goal with a 28 is pedal just hard enough not to stop. :p
That's gonna be a fun ride.

Indeed I have.

N3xW3Zc.jpg

Back