Cheating on my AX20E

Aahzz

Bluebeard Member
Since the AX20E needed to be a way for a bit for repair, I snagged this Eastman AC322CE-SB - and man, does this thing punch WAY above its price point!! All solid wood, great fretwork, fantastic tone...I am in love. First pic is from the dealer, then some not as good pics from me.

3221.jpg

3224.jpg

3225.jpg

I have also discovered that I REALLY like the D'Addario XS coated strings. She came with Phosphor Bronze XTs, which sounded great, but out of habit I switched to plain 80/20s...and immediately disliked them on this guitar. After a thread at the Acoustic Guitar Forum recommended them, I decided to try the XS Phosphor Bronze, and I have a new string of choice.

I was going to ask you about that guitar - you posted a pic of it in another thread. I’m glad you like it. I’m in the market for a “smaller than dreadnaught, maybe not as small as a parlor” acoustic in the sub $1k usd range. Looks like this gets under $1k on the used market. She sure is a beauty!

I was going to ask you about that guitar - you posted a pic of it in another thread. I’m glad you like it. I’m in the market for a “smaller than dreadnaught, maybe not as small as a parlor” acoustic in the sub $1k usd range. Looks like this gets under $1k on the used market. She sure is a beauty!

Thanks!! You can snag an Eastman AC122CE or AC222CE for under $800 new, for an all solid wood Grand Auditorium sized guitar. It's a ton of guitar for the money.

Selling and buying is the Devil's business. I know! I do it on an annual basis!

I regret it later every single time, without exception. It's only a matter of degree how much I regret it.

"So what? If you do it, who are you to criticize?"

"Not only am I not one to criticize, I'm no one, period. A cipher. A statistic. I'm as inconsequential as it's possible for a human being to be."

"Then why do you have the unmitigated gall to give advice?"

"I'm NOT giving advice! I'm commiserating!"

Selling and buying is the Devil's business. I know! I do it on an annual basis!

I regret it later every single time, without exception. It's only a matter of degree how much I regret it.

"So what? If you do it, who are you to criticize?"

"Not only am I not one to criticize, I'm no one, period. A cipher. A statistic. I'm as inconsequential as it's possible for a human being to be."

"Then why do you have the unmitigated gall to give advice?"

"I'm NOT giving advice! I'm commiserating!"

I've sold a bunch, and regretted few. In this case, after the pickup system in the AX20E came loose and then failed, I just don't trust it. Sounds great acoustically, but I have a kind of obsessive thing where I have a hard time trusting things that have failed on me.

I have also discovered that I REALLY like the D'Addario XS coated strings. She came with Phosphor Bronze XTs, which sounded great, but out of habit I switched to plain 80/20s...and immediately disliked them on this guitar. After a thread at the Acoustic Guitar Forum recommended them, I decided to try the XS Phosphor Bronze, and I have a new string of choice.
I use the XTs, but with my acoustic I truly prefer 80/20s to phosphor bronze. They aren't making the XS in 80/20 at this point.

I've sold a bunch, and regretted few. In this case, after the pickup system in the AX20E came loose and then failed, I just don't trust it. Sounds great acoustically, but I have a kind of obsessive thing where I have a hard time trusting things that have failed on me.
I had the same issue for a long time. But my gear is expensive, so after years of losing my rear end selling and replacing perfectly repairable stuff, I've learned to use the damn warranty!

A good warranty from a company like PRS is a joy.

I had the same issue for a long time. But my gear is expensive, so after years of losing my rear end selling and replacing perfectly repairable stuff, I've learned to use the damn warranty!

A good warranty from a company like PRS is a joy.

The electronics warranty on the SE acoustics is only 2 years, so it's out.

Back