Changing It Up With the DG30

László

Too Many Notes
This is going to seem weird, or should I say, it seems strange to me.

The DG30 has two modes, normal and boost. The boost mode and the normal mode respond differently and sound different enough that I think of them as two distinct tones.

I'm so used to normal mode that it's been a long time...like, a couple of years at least...since I played through it in boost mode. Today I switched to boost mode. I figured I'd try that with the new DGT just for grins.

Wow!

I'd forgotten how wonderful that sounds! Hard to believe I was so stuck in one mode for a few years with this amp. It does so many things. Now I'll probably keep it in boost mode long enough to forget normal mode. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
This is going to seem weird, or should I say, it seems strange to me.

The DG30 has two modes, normal and boost. The boost mode and the normal mode respond differently and sound different enough that I think of them as two distinct tones.

I'm so used to normal mode that it's been a long time...like, a couple of years at least...since I played through it in boost mode. Today I switched to boost mode. I figured I'd try that with the new DGT just for grins.

Wow!

I'd forgotten how wonderful that sounds! Hard to believe I was so stuck in one mode for a few years with this amp. It does so many things. Now I'll probably keep it in boost mode long enough to forget normal mode. :rolleyes:
That's How You Do It. It Is Like Getting A New Amp When You Do So And Is A Lot Cheaper Too! On Top Of That, You Maintain Your Work Space, Your "New" Amp Is Already Wired Up...I Could Go On And On With The Benefits To This Mindset But Will Spare You From My Ranting...LOL.

That's How You Do It. It Is Like Getting A New Amp When You Do So And Is A Lot Cheaper Too! On Top Of That, You Maintain Your Work Space, Your "New" Amp Is Already Wired Up...I Could Go On And On With The Benefits To This Mindset But Will Spare You From My Ranting...LOL.
You hit the nail on the head - it sure feels like a new amp to rediscover an old trick I'd forgotten about!

Back