Champagne Electrics CE24&22's

sergiodeblanc

I love these guitars, specifically alder bodied with maple tops. I believe them to be the "Champagne" of the Annapolis era Paul Reed Smith's, and would love to see if any of you have some pictures/stories of them.

This one has been my constant companion for at least eighteen years. Every show and every studio date, and quite honestly most of the best times of my life, have been done with this guitar.

While certainly not the most expensive guitar I have owned, it is my favorite.
15539.jpg
IMG_0805.jpg

There is no denying that the CE was an important product in the early PRS line. A lot of people started off playing the CE's and continue to love them today. I kind of wish they kept them as I've always been a fan of bolt-on necks.

I love the alder CE's as well! A good friend of mine has a CE24 alder with a maple fretboard. That thing has some serious 'tude! Very immediate and LOUD! I have offered to buy it a few times but he won't budge. I guess that would be my ultimate CE: alder body with a maple fretboard!

Thanks for the kind words buddy,
There is a certain "loudness" to these instruments, and your friend's CE sounds like a guitar worth chasing. It is really cool to hear and feel the differences between all the different CEs, while looking for a backup I have come across a few mahogany versions and wasn't as excited. The maple topped alder models have a somewhat "scooped" sound to (my ear), that really drives most any amp into a "hi-fi" kind of tone.
It has grown with me from very heavy music in my youth, to the clean toned R&B and reggae I do now. Cool versatile guitars for sure.

My CE-24. Pretty sure it's a Hog body, Maple Top but it still Rocks Hard. It has some very hot VB and HFS pups in it.

Purple_CE24.jpg

Hey! I was just drooling over that purple top over at VR!
The mahogany ones are really cool too, kind of like a Blanc de Noir to the alders Blanc de Blanc, slightly darker but still sparkly champagne. :mrgreen:

I love my CE22! It's a 94 bought in 94 and much like the OP it's the guitar that I grew up with, played in bands with and definately the one guitar I would never consider parting with. It's well worn in, has a dark almost black fret board, the finish is starting to sink and it just oozes character. The dragon pups pack a mighty punch too!

vim fuego said:
I love my CE22! It's a 94 bought in 94 and much like the OP it's the guitar that I grew up with, played in bands with and definately the one guitar I would never consider parting with. It's well worn in, has a dark almost black fret board, the finish is starting to sink and it just oozes character. The dragon pups pack a mighty punch too!
Alder 22's are pretty hard to come by, I would love to see a pic!

Beautiful guitars, and Sergio, I love the played-in patina yours has earned over the years!

Here is one for you. Alder body, first year CE logo on headstock. Fantastic guitar. The maple neck gives it highend clarity and the alder body gives it punch. These are the finest of the CE's IMO.
88CEheadstock.jpg

PRSBlues.jpg

LSchefman said:
Beautiful guitars, and Sergio, I love the played-in patina yours has earned over the years!
Thanks Les, I actually never play, I reliced the hardware with Fire sauce from Taco Bell. ;)

AP515 said:
Here is one for you. Alder body, first year CE logo on headstock. Fantastic guitar. The maple neck gives it highend clarity and the alder body gives it punch. These are the finest of the CE's IMO.
88CEheadstock.jpg

PRSBlues.jpg
Magnifique!

Bringing this back to the top. Has any body seen my nitro? I appear to have lost mine from the back of the neck.
[img
IMG_0807.jpg
[/img]

sergiodeblanc said:
vim fuego said:

would love to

Pho745.jpg

DSC03137.jpg

DSC03138.jpg

vim fuego said:
sergiodeblanc said:
[quote="vim fuego":164r3hce]I love my CE22! It's a 94 bought in 94 and much like the OP it's the guitar that I grew up with, played in bands with and definately the one guitar I would never consider parting with. It's well worn in, has a dark almost black fret board, the finish is starting to sink and it just oozes character. The dragon pups pack a mighty punch too!

would love to

Pho745.jpg

DSC03137.jpg

DSC03138.jpg
[/quote:164r3hce]
Nice set up. Love the VHT, used to have that amp. A little trick for you to try....turn that global master volume up to about 2-3:00 then use you individual channel volumes to set your actual volume. You will get the "cranked" amp tone at any volume that way.

Cool guitar!What pups in your old guitar Sergio?I saw today they sell a Hiland model in Stockholm.Me wants but it sells for alot of swedish krona.I would love to have a bolt-on CE or Hiland.There is something about bolt-on guitars.

Here are both of my CE 24's.

My first PRS, this red one from '04. This one has been with me through hell and back, and I don't see myself ever giving it up anytime soon. I don't use it so much as a live guitar now that I have a custom 24 with a blade switch that's easier to use, but it's a staple in most if not all of my recorded material.
35047_1568255929246_7057055_n.jpg

And here's a 1993 CE I managed to snag while I was in undergrad.
14115_1451609333154_5334564_n.jpg

Back