Carlos Santana and wicked tone

Leslie, I think your orchestral pieces are all wonderful. My three favorites are: 1. For Ukraine, 2. IV July Theme, and 3. Americana Anthem. Each of these pieces generated an emotional response in me that exactly supported the description you gave for the theme of each piece. Keep up the good work!
Thanks! Glad you like! I've been working on the first piece, Rounder Spaces to make it a bit faster. I felt it dragged a little, and uploaded the new version a few minutes ago. I should have done that this AM, but didn't get around to it until just now.

I discovered a patch programmed by Steve Lukather for the Boss GT-1000 - The Arena Rock patch. Surprisingly my PRS SE (with Seymour Duncans '59 neck and JB bridge) sounds quite close to a vintage Santana tone (e.g BMW all the way through Gypsy Queen). Btw I don't think Carlos used Seymours on his "original" Abraxas guitar. I haven't tried the patch with the PRS-CE with the original PRS pickups but I suspect that it will sound pretty close too . I have Luke's patch (removing the modelling amp) and replacing it with a TriaAxis Mesa I pre-set to get even closer. I haven't set the feedback settings on the Boss yet, as my live set up has the right frequencies for it. But I will probably program some feedback settings to help play at lower volumes. I will try to post some links in the coming months comparing the native Boss sound with the Mesa Boogie TriAxis.

Back