Can We PLEASE Stop Referring to "USA Electronics" In Core Guitars ???

What sort of stampings are on the pots that would lead one to believe that they are CTS or Bournes? I have a few brand new PRS pots still in the package in my parts drawer that I can look at.

Designed in USA" is a thing for the potentiometer? Does that add credence or make a difference?
And that 's the thing. All the stuff mentioned , all the products ...

Are designed and engineered by American companies.

All the manufacturer in Taiwan /China/Pago Pago or wherever ...

Is building to specification, set by the American customer (PRS /Apple/ Ford Motor Company ... whoever...

To characterize "import guitars, as having "cheap, inferior components" ... is not the result of some under the table, sneaky overseas contractor..

BUT the American firm, that set the specification for them to build to ...

Because this lower or different spec, has lower costs associated with it that allows the product to be produced at a lower cost...

And that 's the thing. All the stuff mentioned , all the products ...

Are designed and engineered by American companies.

All the manufacturer in Taiwan /China/Pago Pago or wherever ...

Is building to specification, set by the American customer (PRS /Apple/ Ford Motor Company ... whoever...

To characterize "import guitars, as having "cheap, inferior components" ... is not the result of some under the table, sneaky overseas contractor..

BUT the American firm, that set the specification for them to build to ...

Because this lower or different spec, has lower costs associated with it that allows the product to be produced at a lower cost...
I mean, there’s enough blame to go around for everyone.

Customers want cheaper goods too. Not that anyone here has been complaining about the prices of stuff.

Not that anyone here has been complaining about the prices of stuff.
And you don't see me complaining about the "cheap, inferior electronics" in any of my 4 SE guitars (or 1 S2) , because they all work just fine (while costing less than the high-priced spread) .

As I do not require a higher , industrial grade , commercial, can't afford to have stuff fail while I'm gigging component ...

The "cheap Asian stuff " for me at least, works as well as the "American" (er, No , what they really mean to say is the stuff that comes in the American Manufactured guitar ??? ), with it all being made in Asia to begin with... :)

Which is the whole point of this post.

Last edited:
Not until we can get everybody to stop saying “guitfiddle”.

Uh-oh - @sergiodeblanc vs. @danktat , Main Event Grudge Match at the next Experience!

It's all on the line!

ExperienceLogo.jpg

images

If Sergio wins, Danktat has to stop calling Dottie his "main guitfiddle", but...

If Danktat prevails, Sergio walks out with a blue Silver Sky.

Special guest referee, @]-[@n$0Ma☩!©!

Ringside announcers Mean Gene Okerlund and Rowdy Roddy Piper.

wwf_snme2_piper.jpg

In Sergio's corner, Ted DiBiase and the Fabulous Moolah!

34_sDIBIASE_11121991_0001_crop_north.jpg

The-Wicked-Witches-Of-WWE-Fabulous-Moolah-wwe-divas-34663645-642-722.jpg

In Danktat's, Miss Elizabeth and Classy Freddy Blassie!

8635867_orig.jpg

E0Yt7tqX0AYuED3.jpg

Be there!

Uh-oh - @sergiodeblanc vs. @danktat , Main Event Grudge Match at the next Experience!

It's all on the line!

ExperienceLogo.jpg

images

If Sergio wins, Danktat has to stop calling Dottie his "main guitfiddle", but...

wwf_snme2_piper.jpg

8635867_orig.jpg

E0Yt7tqX0AYuED3.jpg

Be there!
you couldn't book a single british wrestler?

It's all on the line!

ExperienceLogo.jpg

images

wwf_snme2_piper.jpg

8635867_orig.jpg

E0Yt7tqX0AYuED3.jpg

Be there!
This sounds like a lose lose for everyone involved.

…. And I already have a blue Silver Sky.

And you don't see me complaining about the "cheap, inferior electronics" in any of my 4 SE guitars, because they all work just fine (while costing less than the high-priced spread) .

As I do not require a higher , industrial grade , commercial, can't afford to have stuff fail while I'm gigging component ...

The "cheap Asian stuff " for me at least, works as well as the "American" (er, No , what they really mean to say is the stuff that comes in the American Manufactured guitar ??? ), with it all being made in Asia to begin with... :)

Which is the whole point of this post.
Oh, I agree with you.

It’s part of the reason why I’m always chiming in whenever someone talks about “US” bridges, tuners, etc.

Back