Can someone please explain why my posting was deleted???

Nathan Shane

Greetings all PRS’ers…I’m confused. I posted in the Electric Instruments about some Quality Control issues with my new SE Swamp Ash and also included some photos of the bridge pivot screws. I just checked for my posting and it’s gone, not moved to another forum or thread, just altogether gone. I even doubled checked my account for my postings and it’s not listed there either.

Could someone please explain to me what I must have done wrong to have my post removed without any notification?

I have no clue and didn't see the post. I would read through the forum rules to see if you accidently broke a rule. I would have thought you would have received a message if you did but don't know that for sure. About all you can do other than that is ask a moderator.

I'm not a moderator, and have no info as to why that might have been done. You may have inadvertently violated this rule:

"If you have a customer service issue or concern with your PRS product, please contact customer service at [email protected], or 410-643-9970. Customer service and support issues will only be addressed via email or phone and not on the PRS Forum."

I found that if I edited my original post right after creating it, it would get removed for a period of time and then randomly show up many hours later. FYI in case anyone else does this and sees that behavior.

Funny that the second one was posted before the first one was approved. :confused: (I don't know what most of our emojis are supposed to mean :D:(o_O:eek:)

And now that I unlocked it, I see you reposted it and also reposted this question...

Why make so much work for the moderators?
Hmmm??? Scratching my head…it was never my intent to make so much work (or any work for that matter) for the moderators. Even though I haven’t posted in these forums for long, I’ve never previously experienced a delay/approval for any of my postings. And as PRS Mods Too pointed out, when I created an altogether new post about the subject matter, that post was posted instantly before approval of the previous post. I fairly new to this forum and it’s somewhat confusing when this posting experience was inconsistent with other postings I’ve made. Oh well, I can adopt, adapt and improve on future postings. It’s all good.

Sorry for your setup issue !!
I hate to say it but that's is bound to happen sometimes in the buying guitars on the internet world.
Good thing is it is easily sorted and if you got it from a dealer you could possibly get a discount if you ask

Gotta get as much out of you as we can before retirement!

“Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.

Our main weapon is moderation and surprise….

Our two main weapons are moderation, surprise and an unfailing devotion to the forum…..

Our three main weapons are moderation, surprise, an unfailing devotion to the forum and exasperation……”

Hmmm??? Scratching my head…it was never my intent to make so much work (or any work for that matter) for the moderators. Even though I haven’t posted in these forums for long, I’ve never previously experienced a delay/approval for any of my postings. And as PRS Mods Too pointed out, when I created an altogether new post about the subject matter, that post was posted instantly before approval of the previous post. I fairly new to this forum and it’s somewhat confusing when this posting experience was inconsistent with other postings I’ve made. Oh well, I can adopt, adapt and improve on future postings. It’s all good.
It is probably a board setting to keep spam posts down. Most of the time spammers create an account and just post once then move on. This approval process stops those posts from getting out there for all to see.

Back