Why was my thread deleted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJK Tech

I placed a tasteful post regarding comparison of PRS with another guitar that is not even made any more.

I don't think it violated any protocol and it was mysteriously deleted. Can someone please explain this for all to see? I'd like to honestly understand why that happened?

Posts with non PRS branded guitars go away. That statement is based on your post and the thread I posted which, if I remember correctly, was commenting on whether I should buy a Vela or a Fender something or other.

(I bought the Vela. Lovely instrument.)

Maybe the mods felt it wasn't as tasteful as you think it was to ask about buying another brand guitar while you're a guest in Paul's house.

There are other excellent forums for that.

But I'm not a mod, just speculating here.

Last edited:
Sorry, it was probably my fault. I mentioned a 3rd company that is still in business, and might've been misconstrued as a recommendation to go to the competition. But they (^) are right, if I remembered where I was, I never would've made the post, as I am aware that it's inappropriate to discuss other guitars like that, even if it is a 7-string, which PRSh has repeatedly downplayed any plans to make any in the near future. Probably best to ask the same exact question elsewhere, like TGP.

But for the record, I was not promoting the other brand.

Last edited:
Posts with non PRS branded guitars go away.
This has not been my experience. I've only seen threads promoting (not just comparing) other brands get nuked (or get nuked by me when I was Moderating this forum). Context and tone usually make the difference.

PRS makes amps too. There was a time Warren Haynes was featured on the PRS web site with his PRS amp and a Gibson ES-335. I have no doubt that I could post a video playing my R9 through my 25th Anniversary amp without a lick of push-back from Paul.

Yes, he might rib me about it, but it would all be in good fun.

As someone who has run several forums, it seems odd for a thread to be vaporized without any private message from a moderator or administrator explaining why or giving a warning or something. That said, there are no rules about this sort of thing and the moderators are free to run things as they see fit.

My guess is that there was something in the thread which insinuated that a competing brand was a feasible option for something mundane.

Promoting a non PRS guitar is one thing. Comparing a PRS guitar to a non PRS guitar is another thing. I am not a moderator, but hopefully there is a difference between the 2 and that PRS is interested in hearing what the members of this forum have to say as long as it is constructive in nature.

I am curious if there was a glitch. There are a few threads that I posted in that have disappeared entirely, including being gone from my alerts history. Weird...

I have no knowledge of any post being deleted, but I will look into it.

Edit: OK, one of the mods read the thread and felt it was not in line with the forum rules. It seemed as though the thread was about a non PRS guitar you planned on buying and wanted to know how it stacked up against a PRS. If that is the case then I agree, it is not in the spirit of the forum. If this is not the case, feel free to repost the thread and I'll take a look at it and decide.

Thanks,
Shawn

Last edited:
Thank you Shawn,

I have already contacted PRS guitars directly about this. Additionally I have requested a telephone conversation with the moderator. My contact at PRS has my cell phone number.

This experience has left a bad taste in the mouth of a strong PRS supporter. Not just by word of mouth, but also with substantial $$$$.

I'd like to get to the bottom if this and have decision makers at PRS review the deleted thread.

Hi Rob,

The forum Admin is out for a few days so he is unable to call you. As I mentioned, one of the mods made a judgement call concerning your thread. If you feel that the wrong call was made, you can repost the thread and I'll take a look at it. As for the original post, it has been deleted so we can no longer view it.

Thanks.

Thank you Shawn,

I have already contacted PRS guitars directly about this. Additionally I have requested a telephone conversation with the moderator. My contact at PRS has my cell phone number.

This experience has left a bad taste in the mouth of a strong PRS supporter. Not just by word of mouth, but also with substantial $$$$.

I'd like to get to the bottom if this and have decision makers at PRS review the deleted thread.
In the whole scheme of things, this really isn't THAT big a deal, is it? Shawn has offered for you to simply repost. If an error in judgement was made, this one will simply be left up. Things really could be worse.

Kevin

Yeah, missing out on those Vela $$s will most likely bankrupt the company but at least used values will skyrocket.

There are collectors here with 100 PRS guitars who would never even dream of trying to throw their weight around this way. It's wrong on so many levels, so self-important and ridiculous.

Oh well, it's not up to me to run this forum, thank goodness (PRS is no doubt glad I'm not running it, too ;)).

There are collectors here with 100 PRS guitars who would never even dream of trying to throw their weight around this way. It's wrong on so many levels, so self-important and ridiculous.

Oh well, it's not up to me to run this forum, thank goodness (PRS is no doubt glad I'm not running it, too ;)).
Remember, the customer is always right...

Except when they're not

Just let it go man, its no big deal. You come off demanding and really aggressive as if you want an apology or something.

In all honesty, a thread being deleted is not that big of a deal to "request a telephone conversation with the moderator" to "get to the bottom of this and have decision makers at PRS review the deleted thread". I don't know what you want at the end of the day. But whatever it is, you probably ain't getting it with an attitude like that.

There are plenty of different guitar/gear related forums to gather opinions on a PRS guitar vs non-PRS guitar.

The thread is gone, but Shawn said you are welcome to repost if you feel the need.

Done.

Next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back