Can PTC install pickups that are not available for purchase?

Delusioned Angel

Figured I'd ask here in case anyone knew the answer before I bother PRS support. Anyone know if I send a guitar to PTC for work, if they have access to PRS pickups that are not available publicly for sale that they can install? Planning to send in one of my CU24s for some work, would like to have them switch out the bridge pickup from a 58/15LT to a regular 58/15 or a covered 59/09. Obviously I would have to pay for the pickup in addition to the cost of the work, but wasn't sure if that was even an option for pickups that are not currently available for stand-alone purchase.

When I wanted to replace my McCarty pickup, I asked PTC if it was possible for them to install DGTs. It wasn’t, so I went with 57/08s. They could only use what was available for purchase on their website.

That is a no go. They won’t do anything they don’t sell separately, as far as PRS pickups go.

Can PTC install pickups that are not available for purchase?​

I’d recommend asking them. I know you were hoping for answers here first but we can’t speak for the customer service department and, more to the point, we have have seen them make excepts.

Tell them what you’re after. Then you’ll know for sure. Who knows, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:
Back