Cab options and speaker input for 50/25w Archon

MKuzmenko

Hey gang,

I'm looking for some input from Archon Owners here with matching a good cab to the Archon. It's been hard to find any of the PRS Stealth cabs in stock anywhere to play through, and I've only been able to play through a MESA 212 Rec. Cab, a Diezel 412F (with EVM 12L), and a slealed g12h cab. I have a 412 EVH 5150 with the g12EVH speakers, but it's currently on loan to someone for use for filming a instruction DVD. I'm anxious to get the EVH cab back to try, but would like like to have a v30 cab option to possible play the 5153 and Archon in stereo.

Thanks!

To my ears that style of amp really calls for the projection and punch of a Birch Ply cab, and I'd be looking at the 4x12s PRS has.

I have the PRS Grissom Pine cab, and it's too vintage sounding for high gain stuff -- for my own tastes. The closed back Stealth pine cabs might work better, and have more baffling, but I'd still prefer a straight 4x12 with that amp to a 2x12.

I'm running my 100 watt Archon thru a Peavey Joe Satriani signature cabinet (JSX) Have a full stack JSX so until I score a PRS cab I'm running thru the straight cab with the Archon and have the JSX setup with the slant cab when friends come over. The cabinet matches nicely with the Archon....might just unscrew the peavey logo.....

I play mine through Bogner Uberkab 4x12s w/the band and a Diezel 2x12 w/V30s. Sounds great with both. I'd like to try PRS 4x12 and 2x12 cabs, but in reality, unless I stumble across used PRS cabs at a fair price, it probably won't happen anytime soon- more important places for my $ to go with as big of hit as I'd take on my cabs.

I play mine through Bogner Uberkab 4x12s w/the band and a Diezel 2x12 w/V30s. Sounds great with both. I'd like to try PRS 4x12 and 2x12 cabs, but in reality, unless I stumble across used PRS cabs at a fair price, it probably won't happen anytime soon- more important places for my $ to go with as big of hit as I'd take on my cabs.

I doubt you're going to find anything that sounds better than the Uber. I do like my 5150 III cab, but I'm not sure it's the best fit for the Archon's low-end punch.

Back