Buying First PRS (SE)

SpHowe3319

I’m buying my first guitar after nearly ten years since I sold the only guitar I had.

In the past, I didn’t really know what to look for when buying, but Ive done my research for the past year. I’ve always wanted a PRS for its tone and versatility, and I’ve enjoyed the ones I’ve played.

I plan on buying an SE Custom 24. Is there anything I should look for or be aware of when I choose my guitar in store? I know PRS does an excellent job setting them up before shipping. All that to say, I’m fairly new and out of practice with guitar shopping.

Thanks

Hi and welcome.

Only advice I’d give is make sure the dealer you buy from is reputable and has a good returns policy, so if there are any problems you have back up.

Happy shopping.

Beware they are addictive and before you know it, they’ve multiplied.

Hello and welcome to the club! I would only recommend trying different SE's (if that's all your budget will allow). If you are sticking with in store only, play every one they have. I started with an SE CU 24 to keep at work and while it was good, I ended up selling it and now I play the Zach Myers, which I like better. Maybe they'll have a used S2 you can try as well. Good luck and post pics when you get your new find!

I recently started a friend out with an SE 24-08. He ‘s already looking for #2. The biggest thing I would tell you is have a luthier set it up when you get it, and live with it for a month before you make any decisions, other than locking SE tuners. And they are addictive.

Back