Buying a McCarty 594 Model

Hello,

I am relatively 'new' to the guitar community. I've been playing casually for a couple years now. My fiancé is a more serious player and has played daily for 10+ years. His 30th birthday is mid next year, and I want to buy him a PRS McCarty 594 Model (he has no idea I'm planning this, and I know from making notes after previous conversations that this is the model he wants). I want to poke at him for information... but don't want to jeopardize the element of surprise either. All I know is that either single or double cut is fine, and he likes flame maple and red wood burl.

I'm here because I feel like I need more information on 'how' and 'where' to start this process. I need recommendations- or even questions- to make sure I am going about this the right way (I have reached to PRS dealers listed on their website). Any information you think is helpful is welcome.

Thanks!

-B

Hey Becca, so I'd just like to add to these posts, McCarty 594 is likely what you want, and either double cut or single will work just fine. Go for the core range and not s2 if that works for your budget. You don't need 10 top or private stock etc as it's only the aesthetics that change and the core 594's are already so beautiful. The hollowbody version i mentioned in the thread earlier is a tad more expensive and unless he really wants a hollowbody there's no need to go for it.

For the store to purchase it from in toronto try as other poster's have said either cosmo music or theguitarshop. Here's the link the the guitarshop's selection of mccarty 594's: https://www.theguitarshop.ca/mccarty-594/

And here's cosmo music

It look's like cosmo has more in stock so you'll probably find what you're looking for there. They are up in richmond hill.

You can also try sweetwater as they have a pretty good collection of 594's as well and can ship them over without any real issues.

Long&McQuade is also an option but they have a more limited selection.

Usually i would recommend going to the store and playing the guitar before purchasing but fortunately PRS's quality control is incredible, especially for the mccarty range that ordering online is not an issue. Though going to cosmo you will save some money vs sweetwater as you don't have to cover tax twice and shipping (and you can inspect the guitar etc.)

Wishing you a good purchase! The Mccarty 594 is really incredible. Oh and last thing, i would recommend purchasing one that has tci tuned pickups. All the new ones now have it but if you look into used, not all will have that as it's a fairly new PRS process.

Happy hunting!

Becca, wherever you decide to buy the guitar, remember two things. Be friendly and don’t be afraid to ask for their best price. You may be surprised.

Back