Bridge Swap: Paul's Guitar

Have you put a 280K superpot (from RS Guitarworks) in that bad boy yet? Those stock pups are fantastic.
Amen! I've gone so far as to load these SE P-90s in my FrankenStrat with fantastic results. Some great pups have been in The One (including a beauty mini hummer from my '79 LP), but the stock P-90 stays. To the point of the thread, I will admit that swapping a core wrap-around tail piece made a solid difference in The One, so the thought of a Paul's Guitar bridge has crossed my mind.

Not to derail the thread further, but I found this patent for the original PRS trem. Applied for in April 1982, patent granted June 1984.
http://www.google.com.pk/patents/US4453443

Here's a piece of history that relates ...

So one afternoon, back in the day, Paul says to me... "Let's patent all this stuff (bridge, tuners, nut, etc). It will cost us $3,000. We can split the costs 50-50"
Remember... at this time, he was building 10-15 guitars a year max, and neither of us had much money.
So I said I'll pass. You do the patent yourself. Just remember me if you ever find the money to open the factory."

He did go on to patent it and he did remember me...

Welp. Thought I had another one lined up but haven't heard from the fellow who responded.

I need 3 more so I'm guessing this is going to take a few years.

Back