Brazilian-rosewood-neck-guitars

Yes, I have no doubt that he got it from Martin. My only point was that Martin didn't especially use RW on fingerboards, they used it for backs and sides.

Ahhh, I missed that part in Hans' post... Yes, we were saying the same thing...

I changed my mind. I think Brazilian KILLS Indian RW. No contest.

More "touch sensitive", more "chime", much "woolier" plays more like "butter", has a more "piano" like sound when clean, and gives more of that Eric Johnson "golden cello" like tone when overdriven for sure. All those IRW guitars should be burned at the stake right now!!!

:D :tongue::dancing::p

;)

I find it hard to believe the average muso could tell an irw neck from brazilian in a blind test. Even for an acoustic soundboard there are a number of factors and for an electric neck I am skeptical. In fact as an international buyer I'd prefer prs got out of brazilian altogether

I have an IRW necked SC Ted and a BRW necked 513. I can't tell by look or feel. I can't comment on tone since these are such different guitars and will sound very different no matter what....but I'm not even sure that I could tell in a blind tone test the difference between a rosewood neck of any type and a mahogany neck. On the other hand, these are 2 great guitars, and I'm sure that the neck wood plays into that...

I think if I plugged into my MarkIII, I could call a good percentage of rosewood necks, at least as to braz or not. It doesn't make them better, but I do find the ones I've played quite distinctive. I'm sure I could not differentiate other rosewoods. I don't think I could call them in a different amp either, but that one I have set for the darkness.

$hitty video, but here is a Brazzy VS Indian neck. Brazzy first up, and Indian RW second, which has an F hole. Other than that, they are the same basic guitars.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think if I plugged into my MarkIII, I could call a good percentage of rosewood necks, at least as to braz or not. It doesn't make them better, but I do find the ones I've played quite distinctive. I'm sure I could not differentiate other rosewoods. I don't think I could call them in a different amp either, but that one I have set for the darkness.
I'd like to know those MkIII settings. Do you have an EV12L in your combo, too?

Back