Brazilian 408

QueenCityGuitars

Vamanos Pest
Since the announcement of the 408 Brazilian model, which was offered to dealers as an incentive, I've been intrigued. Is there any information about these at NAMM? I haven't seen anything on the PRS website yet. Anyone have any information or pictures? I'd love to see a quilt top in Orange Tiger with a tremolo and hybrid hardware. :flute: Anybody got anything?!

:408:

I know a guy that has committed to EXACTLY that Guitar!...

I think it is part of the new artist package... Someone correct me if I am wrong...

There was an early photo of Paul''s Guitar floating around that people assumed to be the 408 BRW. I think we would know about it by now if it was happening this year...

Is it true or just another rumor?
To my knowledge, it is true. Bigfoot told me.

I think it is part of the new artist package... Someone correct me if I am wrong...
To my knowledge, they all have 10 Tops and not Artist grade tops with Artist appointments.

There was an early photo of Paul''s Guitar floating around that people assumed to be the 408 BRW. I think we would know about it by now if it was happening this year...
Some did assume the picture James posted of the Paul's Guitar was the 408 Brazilian, which was not the case. It's my understanding the delivery date on the 408 Brazilian is around April. Hopefully, something is said about them at NAMM.

Anybody else got anything? :dontknow:

I've got one on order..."Boyd Burst Stoptail". It isn't scheduled to arrive until April.

My understanding is that dealers were only allowed to purchase the rights to one "BRW 408" for every two guitars they bought from the existing PRS inventory through December. It was an incentive program.

Additionally, the fretboards are "artist quality Brazilian Rosewood" and the necks are "not artist quality Brazilian Rosewood" whatever that means.

I've read that some guys have already placed their orders? I'll admit these sound very interesting. The 513 seems way too busy for my taste. I hope the 408s don't come with ridiculous inlays. I can't stand those new "brushstroke" inlays. :)

I can tell you it is a real model offered, as you said, as an incentive for dealers who bought other items. I spoke directly to the area sales rep about them back in early December. There was a deadline for dealers to make the deal, IIRC.

Last edited:
Man, the silence is deafening! I'm really interested in reading the official word on this guitar. I just can't order one without knowing any of the specs. Does anyone know if it has the big or small bridge pickup. Which control layout? Are they all maple tops? Which inlays?
Thanks,
Brad

Carved figured maple [flame or quilt] 10 top, mahogany back, 25" scale length, 22 fret standard grade Brazilian rosewood neck

& artist grade Brazilian rosewood fretboard, bird inlays, PRS tremolo, PRS low mass locking tuners, "408" truss rod cover, hybrid

hardware, hardshell case

Neck profile - pattern or pattern thin

Electronics - 408 treble & bass pickups, volume & tone control, 3-way blade pickup switch, two mini toggle coil tap switches

Option:

PRS stoptail bridge

Finishes, *indicates opaque color

Antique Natural, Autumn Sky, Antique White*, Armando's Amethyst, Black*, Black Gold Burst, Boyd Burst, Charcoal Burst, Dark Cherry Burst, Fire Red Burst, Gray Black,

Gold Top*, Jade, Livingston Lemondrop, Makena Blue, McCarty Sunburst, McCarty Tobacco Sunburst, Orange Tiger, Santana Yellow, Trampas Green, Whale Blue

Thanks...I'm in serious trouble if I run across a Makena Blue Quilt or Santana Yellow with the Regular neck. Too late to order one?

All orders were completed by dealers by the end of Christmas. Only those dealers who bought existing stock were allowed to order. so...no new orders in the new year. They are supposed to be ready for delivery around April or so, so that is when you may start seeing them. I would recommend contacting all dealers who ordered them to see if there are any unaccounted for. Perhaps a "Want to Buy" in the dealers and retailers section of the other forum we visit may help, Brad.

Back