Best years for PRS guitars?

I thought the "article" was written by someone with poor brand understanding. The bold ideas supported by "fans think" statements are incredibly uncomfortable.

Worst **** than Phillip McKnight's youtube channel

Edit: no beef nor anger to the OP. I'm sure the intention was good

I can’t bust on Phil too much. I’m using an attenuator that he suggested on his YT channel.

I guess my intention came across rather poorly and in retrospect I see how I should now have worded my initial post/ thread starter.
It was more as a starter for members to discuss their views on best years
But as it turns out it ended up just becoming about the admittedly poor article referenced.
Never mind.
Can we have a moderator just close it down and lose it in the bowels of the PRS forum somewhere please.

I guess my intention came across rather poorly and in retrospect I see how I should now have worded my initial post/ thread starter.
But as it turns out it ended up just becoming about the admittedly poor article referenced.
Never mind.
Can we have a moderator just close it down and lose it in the bowels of the PRS forum somewhere please.

I say leave it, so others can see what misinformation looks like.

I generally don't hate youtube channels; as a kid, I always wanted guitar related TV channel, and now I have it on my phone. But I die inside watching this one.

Never mind.
Chill, you are lovely

I like all the early stuff but lost interest when they went to the 2 piece bridge and blade switch. Whatever year(s) that happened (anybody know when?). I also didn't like when they brought back the CE without the painted headstock. Don't get me started on the non recessed CE of today.

I hear 2008 - 2011 or so are typically great.

Allegedly PRS kept as many folks as possible during GFC even though it was tight times.

Can anyone confirm?

OP don't take it too hard, it's more the article content than your posting.
Maybe you should have been more judicious about the article & source, cause it was clickbait and didn't live up to its title.

That said my 2000 HB is the best guitar I've ever played or owned, my mid 90's CU22 10 top w,Dragon II's & 5-way was a semi distant 2nd. (Shoulda never sold her :rolleyes:)

So after 2 pages I still don't know anything about PRS' best years, supposing that there is such a thing as PRS' best years...:cool:
Yeah...lol.
This did not end up going the direction I had hoped for with members sharing their thoughts and views on the "best years".

Well apart from the classic reply early on of 1985-2023:)

It was cool to post the article, it’s spurred multiple pages of conversation.

As for the article, well, it was content. I was surprised not to see a closing statement along the lines of “tell me what you think are PRS’ best years in the comment section below.”

As for the 4 way bromance - god I love this place!

It was cool to post the article, it’s spurred multiple pages of conversation.

As for the article, well, it was content. I was surprised not to see a closing statement along the lines of “tell me what you think are PRS’ best years in the comment section below.”

As for the 4 way bromance - god I love this place!
Oh for sure it got some posts flowing which when you look at the recent thread of "What happened" is a good thing.

My back is broad....:cool:

Right now I'm just relaxing and trying to not revisit my local Guitar Center.
The reason?
If I do I'm probably coming home with yet another guitar as I saw a very nice SE SC in Cherry Red for very little coin a couple days ago.
Not sure of exact year but it was a Korean job .

Back