Best years for PRS guitars?

Nice Walk Down Memory Lane But It Didn't Deliver Anything The Click Bait Title Led Me To Believe It Would. YMMV
It was not intended as a "click bait" thread, sorry you felt it was implied that way.
I found it interesting mainly for some of the things it did NOT say.
Like no mention of Santana in the early years

YMMV...

I saw this when it was first published. For me, for some reason I have collected a number of PRS from 2006. It wasn't intentional but when I thought about my collection I have a good number from that year. I guess I really liked the offerings that year. I did not buy them all that year. I acquired them over several years. I bought some that were a few years old but were new and bought from a dealer. I picked a couple up used. I have bought most of mine new.

If you look at my signature you can see my present spread of years.
1985 to 2018(although that's not actually here yet..lol).

The build quality and sheer playability of my 85 is off the charts.
And it's been very well used and abused on stage and studio.

Even though the PS is right next to it the 85 is usually what I reach for first.

It was not intended as a "click bait" thread, sorry you felt it was implied that way.

YMMV...
Nothing In My Comment Was Directed To You. I Apologize If That Wasn't Clear. :) My Comment Was Referring To The Writer Of The Article Itself. I Was Also Surprised Certain Things Weren't Mentioned As Well. I Really Was Expecting A Very Different Article Than What I Read. It Was Very Brief History At Best. If A Person Was Unaware Of Those Details That Were Reported I Guess There Could Be Some Positive Take Away.

I saw this when it was first published. For me, for some reason I have collected a number of PRS from 2006. It wasn't intentional but when I thought about my collection I have a good number from that year. I guess I really liked the offerings that year. I did not buy them all that year. I acquired them over several years. I bought some that were a few years old but were new and bought from a dealer. I picked a couple up used. I have bought most of mine new.
I Have Several From That Rough Time Frame As Well. My PRS Buying Began To Dwindle After Knaggs Was Gone And The Neck Binding, Bone Nut, 594 Toggle On The Horn Era Came Along. I Haven't Purchased Nearly As Much Since Then As I Had Before.

If you look at my signature you can see my present spread of years.
1985 to 2018(although that's not actually here yet..lol).

The build quality and sheer playability of my 85 is off the charts.
And it's been very well used and abused on stage and studio.

Even though the PS is right next to it the 85 is usually what I reach for first.
I Always Say When You Can Find That Kind Of Magic, Play The Heck Out Of It And Never Let Go!

I Would Say All Of My Guitars Are Lifetime Guitars. That Is Why I Have Them, However, Many Of My Favorites Are Older And Less Expensive Than Many Of My Other Ones. We Are All Fortunate To Have Multiple Choices. :)

YMMV...

It popped up in my feed too. I definitely felt underwhelmed by the article, in content present and missing.. maybe actually ChatGTP wrote it?

It popped up in my feed too. I definitely felt underwhelmed by the article, in content present and missing.. maybe actually ChatGTP wrote it?

Now you mention that it's a distinct possibility...

I'd believe that. The bit about the necks going from "glued in" to "glued on" is nonsensical garbage.

I am new to PRS products and found very few negative reviews. I have been using PRS electronics in my Kramer for years. I have never owned a nice acoustic so Yes I wanted a new one. I did see some reviews about the changes to the finish after 2019 that were less than flattering that led me to search for an older CM24 SE. I am very happy with the 2014. The micro scratches cleaned right up using some machine grade rubbing compound. I did a small repair to the headstock clear coat, replaced the back cover plates. It looks new again. I couldn’t be happier with them.

I read the article and regret that I can never get that three minutes of my life back. I'm with @Bogner re: the piece... my review of it would be titled Click bait title supported by a barely coherent precis of common knowledge or click bait title supported by a barely coherent precis of common knowledge, you be the judge. Ultimately just another piece of fluff on a world wide network choked beyond comprehension with thoughtless, inconsequential drivel trying to pass itself off as thought.

I thought the "article" was written by someone with poor brand understanding. The bold ideas supported by "fans think" statements are incredibly uncomfortable.

Worst **** than Phillip McKnight's youtube channel

Edit: no beef nor anger to the OP. I'm sure the intention was good

Back