Best PRS dealer

I love doing business with Jack Gretz of Northeast Music Center. Great guy, straight shooter, PRS expert.

That is also a great place to buy PRS strings from; excellent prices. Ordered 3 sets of 9.5's from him for my SE CU24 and I love them!

I am looking to buy new (brand new!) PRS 24 Custom, and I know how much they cost:) I live in Northern Virginia not far from PRS HQ.
If you are on the market for that (top 10) were you will go? Online reputable or must be in person guitar shop?
Appreciated help.

For PRSs, I have had GREAT experiences with Willcutts, Alto music in NY, Martin music, and believe it or not, GC, and Musicians friend.

There are many awesome dealers out there. Just have to find the guitar that truly speaks to you and of course fits within the budget. Usually most dealers will be willing to deal with you...most :rofl:.

I will give a shout out to The Wild West Guitars, as they are my local shop and I've been dealing with them for many years now. Excellent group of guys there.

I bought my (non-PRS) acoustic from Dave's and had great service, so I third them. Maybe fourth. (I did talk to them about PRSs; they are quite knowledgable. And they still have a slew of NOS korina McCartys).

The Axis of Evil...

expprs061.jpg

I have to give it up to Jim at Guitar Rez in Austin, Texas
I have bought 3 PRSi from him, he is always knowledgeable about the instruments and just a stand up guy

^^ Hard to disagree with that Jamie...I've bought from Eric, Jack and Brian in the past and the deals were flawless. I've even had Jack Gretz build me a guitar on the side, which is a "forever guitar" to me.

However, my current "pusher" is Brian over at Brian's Guitars...same great service but he's within driving distance so we've been able to build more of a face 2 face relationship.

For me, the best dealer is the one that listens to you. I really don't like all the hype about the newest - coolest - best'est thing they 'just got in!' I just want to know if they have what I'm looking for, or can help me narrow down what I'm looking for, without trying to push something they want cleared out. I've met quite a few PRS dealers at the Experience shows, and I think in general they all fall into this category. I'm sure they'd like to clear out older stock and will make a great deal for you to do that. But most seem more than willing to first and foremost listen to what you want. I can't think of any dealer I've met at the shows and thought "ewe have to avoid THEM". They were all great.

I'll throw my vote to Fret 12. The guys there are super cool, and continually get me prices that beat anywhere else. Not to mention they throw in lots of cool goodies with the guitars too. Doesn't hurt it's Mark Tremonti's company either!

Back