Been test driving an Archon, nice...but...

Or maybe just run a rack unit delay and reverb. I hear those are much quieter.

Film it. Have your dealer get it to the right people at PRS. If it's anything they should address I believe, like everyone else that has chimed in, they will make right. We've also seen plenty of cases where it wasn't on PRS and they still corrected it. Easily one of the best organizations to deal when it comes to something like this. Good luck with your issue.

Yeah, I still think the amp is worth it with the noisy loop. But I would feel much better if it was working as it should. I don’t ask much, just reverb and delay. So if it has a loop I might as well be able to use it. I’ll call PRS. You guys have all been helpful by the way, thanks!

Film it. Have your dealer get it to the right people at PRS. If it's anything they should address I believe, like everyone else that has chimed in, they will make right. We've also seen plenty of cases where it wasn't on PRS and they still corrected it. Easily one of the best organizations to deal when it comes to something like this. Good luck with your issue.

Jesse speaks the gospel!

Jesse speaks the gospel!

Yea, verily.

If thou followest in Jesse’s ways, and do all of his commandments, thou shalt dwell in the house of good tone forever!

May the Tone bless thee and keep thee, may it shine upon thee, and grant thee peace.

Can I get an ‘amen’?

Yea, verily.

If thou followest in Jesse’s ways, and do all of his commandments, thou shalt dwell in the house of good tone forever!

May the Tone bless thee and keep thee, may it shine upon thee, and grant thee peace.

Can I get an ‘amen’?

Amen, brother Les! Amen!

Too funny!

So I have to say...man that Archer Ikon sounds amazing with this amp. Adds amazing tonal qualities to the clean channel running clean, the clean channel with a little dirt, and the high gain channel. I’ve never played with Klon “Klones” before, and never knew much about them. But they have my full attention! Now I’m reading all about them online. Good stuff. It’s like a sparkly boost that lets the bass pass through. Super versatile too. Just awesome!

Too funny!

So I have to say...man that Archer Ikon sounds amazing with this amp. Adds amazing tonal qualities to the clean channel running clean, the clean channel with a little dirt, and the high gain channel. I’ve never played with Klon “Klones” before, and never knew much about them. But they have my full attention! Now I’m reading all about them online. Good stuff. It’s like a sparkly boost that lets the bass pass through. Super versatile too. Just awesome!
I've avoided buying one of these for ages. I know I have to have a klone eventually... :rolleyes:

I've avoided buying one of these for ages. I know I have to have a klone eventually... :rolleyes:

Funny thing is, I’ve heard of Klons but never paid attention. I’m in the process of moving away from my solid state amp modeling multi effect nonsense. I tried it out and was immediately impressed by how it lets the frequencies pass through to the amp and how much more alive it sounds as compared with the screamer type pedals. I’m now reasearching klones and I seriously had no idea how much fuss there is out there about these things. It’s hilarious actually, all the “cork sniffing” over these things.

Funny thing is, I’ve heard of Klons but never paid attention. I’m in the process of moving away from my solid state amp modeling multi effect nonsense. I tried it out and was immediately impressed by how it lets the frequencies pass through to the amp and how much more alive it sounds as compared with the screamer type pedals. I’m now reasearching klones and I seriously had no idea how much fuss there is out there about these things. It’s hilarious actually, all the “cork sniffing” over these things.
Oh yeah, it's nuts. That's one of the reasons I've avoided having one. You buy one that costs $200 then a month later people are saying "it still doesn't have the magic of the original, like the new XYZ Klone does." I figure my Barber Gain Changers get me somewhere close and are more flexible, but you never know about the magic until you try, I guess.

Oh yeah, it's nuts. That's one of the reasons I've avoided having one. You buy one that costs $200 then a month later people are saying "it still doesn't have the magic of the original, like the new XYZ Klone does." I figure my Barber Gain Changers get me somewhere close and are more flexible, but you never know about the magic until you try, I guess.
Yeah, I should just go with this one and call it good. Too easy to get wrapped up in all this grail tone search. My rig for my first two years of college consisted of a MIJ Strat into a Ibanez power lead sound tank into a gallien Krueger 400rb bass head into a budget 2x12 Hughes and Kettner attax cab. That’s it! Weird but got the job done. Recorded our first album with it miked up and wasn’t too bad. I’m splitting hairs at this point because this PRS Archon with a klone up front is just so much better. I should just skip this whole gear nonsense and get back to my songwriting and recording.

I've got one of these that I like. Getting ready to pull it off the board for a bit. You're welcome to take it for a test drive for a month, or so.

My son’s bandmate uses an Archer Ikon and likes it very much. My son uses a Klon that I got him as a birthday present a few years ago, and he says the two pedals are very close indeed.

They both tour with them on their boards; their live sound is utterly killer.

@A.A. You bought this amp, correct?
Yes, very happy with it. Will get the fix done on the effects loop at some point. Not a deal breaker as the effects I use sound good in front of the amp. You looking at one?

One benefit of using a Klon or Klone, you can try it with a buffered input, which might help your loop noise. How you load the FX loop can have everything to do with odd issue like yours. There are certain Klone models that can switch between true bypass and buffered input, but the real ones are buffered only. Also, use a really good isolated output power supply or try a battery. Make sure you amp is plugged in to an outlet with excellent grounding. Good luck!

Yes, very happy with it. Will get the fix done on the effects loop at some point. Not a deal breaker as the effects I use sound good in front of the amp. You looking at one?

Yes, and almost the exact same scenario. I played it for the first time over 3 years ago.

Back