Votes: 2 7.4%

Votes: 7 25.9%

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • DC3

Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters

Going Modal

I should be practicing right now.
Just for fun today. For whatever your reasons may be... If you were to seek out a non-typical "###" PRS ("non-typical" meaning not necessarily 24 frets, maple/mahogany, and/or 2 x humbuckers), which of these three would it be? You can even vote for more than one, if you wish.

I'll take the 513. I've had a Swamp Ash 513 with a maple neck, and a Swamp Ash 509 with a maple neck. They were both great guitars. I preferred the neck on the 513 (2008) over the 509 (2018). The 509 seemed chunkier, and I found it a little uncomfortable. The 4 extra tones are what leads me to pick the 513.

If I Could Play A Guitar With A Middle Pickup I Would Have More Guitars...LOL. I Selected The 513 And 509 As They Are Pretty Cool For What They Do.

Someone said earlier that you need to ditch the pickups, and that may be where I failed in making it work.

Funny, because those pickups (basically wanting to try a new dimension of PRS stuff) were the reason I was looking this way. Although, I must say--an ash-bodied 513 with all the fixin's looks like a pretty damn compelling guitar, regardless.

I can’t stand ceramic magnet pickups for anything. My DC3 has Dimarzio Area 61’s with an Area 57 in the middle. The pickguard came from Silverskymodshop. He’s great to do bidniss with. I’m trying to get Sergio to do his. I sold my 509, even though it was the most perfectly made guitar I ever played. I could not stand the pickups. They didn’t do it for me with my tube amp. I have a friend who uses multiple pedals. His 509 is great.

I'm very fond of my 305. I owned a 513 for a while after I got my first 305, but never quite felt the same way about it... The 305 just works for me; I love just plugging in and riding the volume knob on that guitar...

I can’t stand ceramic magnet pickups for anything. My DC3 has Dimarzio Area 61’s with an Area 57 in the middle. The pickguard came from Silverskymodshop. He’s great to do bidniss with. I’m trying to get Sergio to do his. I sold my 509, even though it was the most perfectly made guitar I ever played. I could not stand the pickups. They didn’t do it for me with my tube amp. I have a friend who uses multiple pedals. His 509 is great.
Paul’s DC3, new pups, and pickguard:

My DC3 has been laying in pieces on my dining room table for about five weeks.

I bought some $50 Artec(?) lipstick pups from Amazon to put in it.

Back