Back in black (pup rings)

Prina

Avoiding imperial entanglements
A lot of you guys thought the cream would look better when I mentioned the upcoming switch in my NGD post but to me black looks SO much better; at least PRS put on a black toggle cover. First time I ever did a cosmetic mod on any guitar but I never had a guitar that looked this good. The best thing about the swap was that the pickup springs were shorter than the screws. Major relief when I saw that.

Screen-Shot-2023-01-14-at-6-35-36-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2023-01-14-at-6-37-01-PM.png

A lot of you guys thought the cream would look better when I mentioned the upcoming switch in my NGD post but to me black looks SO much better; at least PRS put on a black toggle cover. First time I ever did a cosmetic mod on any guitar but I never had a guitar that looked this good. The best thing about the swap was that the pickup springs were shorter than the screws. Major relief when I saw that.

Sexy.

Oh yeah!

Funny I’ve asked the same question with regard my SE245.

I’m gonna say that both look great, so every string change, just go nuts ;)

That’s a great finish on your S2, congrats.

The problem with the crème ones are that they never age well, they tend to start looking dingy. That and they remind me of all the old Gibson’s with the matching crème binding.

That and they remind me of all the old Gibson’s with the matching crème binding.
Looking like an old Gibson is absolutely not the look I want for this guy even though it has the ability to get that sound. What it says, besides
“SHUT UP AND GIVE ME YOUR MILK MONEY!”
is "I can do all these tones while looking like this"

Back