Audio Interfaces - Let's Talk!

Hope it helps, or at least uncovers something you can change.
Ok, little work this weekend... I had already seen that video (logged it when I got the SSL2+) but I hadn't done that loop test yet. Turns out (if I'm lucky) another change I made a few months ago might have been the problem all along, with this computer, anyway. I have always thought this computer was a drastic underperformer but no tests showed anything wrong. In trying to get ready to record, a few months ago, I stuck a new ssd hard drive in it and the thing snapped to life in every way. I sent the hard drive to my buddy last week and he said it was not performing anywhere near spec... so I think the problem all along was the hard drive. I messed with all the buffer settings and all that and could never get it to work well.
If this works, I may be able to record something soon. You can all see how bad I really am! :p

I'm currently grooving on the MOTU M4.

I have a UA Arrow, but it's a nightmare. Awful drivers, the software is nonsense, and the Arrow likes to crash a lot.

Before that:
Mackie Blackjack, serviceable, but nothing special. Used it for like 10 years.
Focusrite Scarlet - awful drivers or something, I hated it and never ended up using it. Gave it away.
Mackie Onyx Firewire (Good, but noisy)

Reactions: jxe
I'm currently grooving on the MOTU M4.

I have a UA Arrow, but it's a nightmare. Awful drivers, the software is nonsense, and the Arrow likes to crash a lot.

Before that:
Mackie Blackjack, serviceable, but nothing special. Used it for like 10 years.
Focusrite Scarlet - awful drivers or something, I hated it and never ended up using it. Gave it away.
Mackie Onyx Firewire (Good, but noisy)
good advice… my next one might b3 th3 rme.

n7mbers!

I use an RME HDSP 9652. Currently I'm using my Focusrite i1820 interface as 8 preamps into the RME via lightpipe. I use Protools as my DAW.

Sometimes, if I'm going to do exclusive DI tracks and reamping I'll use my Line 6 Helix Rack as an interface. It is KILLER as an interface. In fact, if I didn't have the other stuff I could use it exclusively....though I question the mic pre.

I'll take my laptop, running Protools First, and either my Zoom H6, Sterling Audio H224 or Focusrite i1820 as interfaces (depends on the complexity of the session).

Usually, though, laptop recording doesn't happen. The H6 is very capable for tracking. Unless I have to mix on the spot and leave a demo, I no longer bother with the laptop.

My vacation home is a home, not a vehicle. Are you Walter White or Jesse Pinkman perhaps?
Don't I wish!

No, mine is not a driver, it's a pull-ee But it's about 40 years newer than theirs. :)

We like going places and plan to do a lot more of it when we retire, so one fixed spot and one mobile spot. We are considering a driver though, but they are their own whole can of worms. Not to mention, you can stay in a lot of nice hotels, cabins etc, for what a driver costs, plus fuel expenses for them are a killer when the dems are in office. Wait, retract that last part. I mean not from your mind, just from me saying it in the forum.

Don't I wish!

No, mine is not a driver, it's a pull-ee But it's about 40 years newer than theirs. :)

We like going places and plan to do a lot more of it when we retire, so one fixed spot and one mobile spot. We are considering a driver though, but they are their own whole can of worms. Not to mention, you can stay in a lot of nice hotels, cabins etc, for what a driver costs, plus fuel expenses for them are a killer when the dems are in office. Wait, retract that last part. I mean not from your mind, just from me saying it in the forum.
putin isn’t a democrat.

Back