ATTN: Owners of a 20th Anniversary model---a little help?

tonyvenn

Hi....

I have my eye on a 20th Ann. Custom 22.

I'm wondering if CU22's came with the rotary selector AND the McCarty switching option?

Also, I was wondering if 20th Ann. owners can tell me what to look out for when making a purchase, like....what the proper case is? What was included in the case-candy, etc?

THANK YOU!!!!

I look forward to any advice you may have.

Tony

Without checking the catalog, IIRC;

McCarty switching was an option. Black tolex case with a slide-button key lock at each end and a flip catch in the middle, black interior (the standard case at the time). Normal case candy; hang tag, warranty card, trem instructions, truss rod wrench, allen key, two extra locking tuner screws, keys for case.

The 20th Anniversary models were equiped the same as any other CU22 except for the special inlays and the etched aluminum TRC. All '05s had a "20th" TRC in black but on the Anniversary Model the "20th" appeared silver due to being etched in black anodized aluminum rather than plastic. The Artist Package was also available to add to the 20th Ann. Package and that would have added the top upgrade, BRW fretboard, Paua inlays in a rosewood headstock veneer and black leather artist case.

Without checking the catalog, IIRC;

McCarty switching was an option. Black tolex case with a slide-button key lock at each end and a flip catch in the middle, black interior (the standard case at the time). Normal case candy; hang tag, warranty card, trem instructions, truss rod wrench, allen key, two extra locking tuner screws, keys for case.

The 20th Anniversary models were equiped the same as any other CU22 except for the special inlays and the etched aluminum TRC. All '05s had a "20th" TRC in black but on the Anniversary Model the "20th" appeared silver due to being etched in black anodized aluminum rather than plastic. The Artist Package was also available to add to the 20th Ann. Package and that would have added the top upgrade, BRW fretboard, Paua inlays in a Brazilian rosewood headstock veneer and black leather artist case.

You forgot the 20th Birds and gold hardware......

DSCF1161_zps4a315557.jpg

DSCF1159_zpse8d32b96.jpg

Hi....

THANK YOU very much for the information!!!

I really appreciate it.

PRS owners are usually really good at ensuring their guitars are complete....but when checking on eBay and places like that, I want to be sure....

Thanks again!

Tony

Back