Artist Case Handle Repair

SGH5150

Hi All,

I was not sure where to post this as it is a bit of an odd one so General Discussion it is. The leather handle on the case that came with my 2001 Custom 24 artist package finally snapped on one side after 21 years. I contacted PRS customer service and they do not have replacement handles available for sale. Since they do not repair cases in-house they suggested contacting a luggage repair facility. Just curious if anybody has had any similar issues and if anybody knows of a reputable luggage/leather repair shop in the Baltimore area. I own plenty of other cases and gig bags so I can get by for the time being, but this one houses my OG so even the case has sentimental value. As always, I appreciate any help.

Rock On!

Scott

@SGH5150,

Have you yet looked into amazon, eBay or Reverb.com? Try: "Custom Leather Guitar Case Handle"

Also, Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/market/leather_guitar_case_handle

The alternative is to try to find a replacement bag for your Cu24 Artist Package. I think Etsy had these as well as the previous two, and other online music retailers with more expensive leather bags.

As a last ditch effort, I located these on this website:

Also:
You'd need contact Levy's as the website doesn't mention size constraints.

Last edited:
I had several of those artist cases over the years - the handles were unique and a very cool design.

If memory serves, the original case manufacturer was in Canada, and is no longer in business. However, I don't recall the design being particularly complex. Seems a good luggage repair person should be able to fabricate a matching replacement.

Back