Archon Players Who Use A Boost

Bogner

Redwood Original - Pure Blood
What Is Your Favorite Boost With The Archon?

Really depends on what you want from a boost. For a flat "level boost," Barber Launch Pad. Level plus a fixed treble boost, Xotic EP. Need to sculpt top and bottom and add some grit (or not), Timmy or Amp 11. Need to add some "zing," SHO clone. Mid hump? Barber Gain Changer/Fulldrive 3, Zen. I realize some of these are overdrives, but with gain turned down are colored boosts, but allow you to add some gain if desired.

Last edited:
Really depends on what you want from a boost. For a flat "level boost," Barber Launch Pad. Level plus a fixed treble boost, Xotic EP. Need to sculpt top and bottom and add some grit (or not), Timmy or Amp 11. Need to add some "zing," SHO clone. Mid hump? Barber Gain Changer/Fulldrive 3, Zen. I realize some of these are overdrives, but with gain turned down are colored boosts, but allow you to add some gain if desired.
I Believe You Forgot To Mention A Pedal. Maybe Winger Knows And Will Chime In?

How About To Tighten It Up A Bit For Some Balls Out Full Bore Thrash Metal And Death Metal Riffage?

I don't use that amp but I do have a couple of boost pedals that I really like. I have had an EP Booster on my board for a very long time. Earlier this year I pulled it in favor of a Friedman Buxom Boost. You can do anything you want to with this boost. It has an active 4 band EQ that you can sculpt your tone with if you want to or you can flip a switch and have it just boost what it is receiving. This pedal is an absolute clean boost.

I don't use that amp but I do have a couple of boost pedals that I really like. I have had an EP Booster on my board for a very long time. Earlier this year I pulled it in favor of a Friedman Buxom Boost. You can do anything you want to with this boost. It has an active 4 band EQ that you can sculpt your tone with if you want to or you can flip a switch and have it just boost what it is receiving. This pedal is an absolute clean boost.
The Buxom Boost Is One Of The Best Pedals Out There IMO. It Deserves Far More Credit Than It Gets. I Was Just Seeing What Others May Be Using But I Realize I Typically Play Heavier Stuff Than A Lot Of Folks Here. An EQ Pedal May Be The Way To Go. I Love The Amp, Just Looking For A Little Twist On It. :)

The Buxom Boost Is One Of The Best Pedals Out There IMO. It Deserves Far More Credit Than It Gets. I Was Just Seeing What Others May Be Using But I Realize I Typically Play Heavier Stuff Than A Lot Of Folks Here. An EQ Pedal May Be The Way To Go. I Love The Amp, Just Looking For A Little Twist On It. :)
Well, the gist of my post is... what flavor of twist are you looking for? That's why I mentioned several. They all push it in different directions.

Well, the gist of my post is... what flavor of twist are you looking for? That's why I mentioned several. They all push it in different directions.
I Am Looking For Winger...He Has The Flavor For The Heavies.

My go-to pedal for clean boost is a MXR GT-OD.
I use it to tighten the low end up on my SLO and Recto. My Fryette Sig:X doesn’t need it.
OUTPUT - 10
TONE - 5
GAIN - 0

Back