Archon 25 issue bypassing tone knob?

Gorlag

Hello I don’t know if I can word my issue correctly so I will try and be specific. I have an Archon 25, I love it and have had no issues. I have a Custom 24 and a music man cutlass SSS, I play on it. I yesterday got an American Original Telecaster. At first when I am on the clean channel on the Archon with the Telecaster, the volume knob works. As it should. When I switch it to the gain channel, it sounds fantastic, but I noticed the volume control doesn’t work at all with the Telecaster on the Archon on the dirt channel. Then I switch to clean and the volume control doesn’t work anymore either. I plug my Twin reverb to test it. It works fine. I plug in a laney practice amp the volume works. I test this with my other two guitars on the Archon. They don’t have this problem and work fine. Has this happened to anyone else? Thank you.

Unless something really freaky is going on, that would cause way more issues than this, then I don’t think this is possible that the amp is causing the problem. I’d guess cable or guitar pot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back