Anyone watching this????

I think I knew this already and forgot, but one thing in last nights episode I was stunned by was when they said Hank Williams died at only 29. He looked about 50! What a prolific songwriter...

I believe you can binge watch it on PBS online as well.

He takes his time telling the stories....
I’m finally getting through his Vietnam series. Having lived through that era and grew up going to school and digesting what was taught/discussed, I feel like I wasn’t even there. His stories shed light on a reality no one knew, until now. That’s what he brings in his work...”so, you were there, but did you know this? And this? And...”. I am still in awe and I’m not done with the series.

This is on Netflix right now and yes, PBS has them, too.

*Spoiler Alert* for those that are DVR'ing it and haven't watched yet:

Really enjoyed last night. I'd never heard about Roger Miller taking part in the search for Patsy's plane and basically finding the crash site from a lookout tower. I also never really paid much attention to Patsy. I mean I knew some of her songs, and of course the Willie Nelson Crazy connection, but what really struck me was how smooth her voice was. Even my wife watching with me commented on her voice. The contrast of vocal styles and quality between Loretta Lynn and her is as wide as the Appalachian mountains itself, and that's not a knock on Loretta, but it would have been interesting to see what direction Patsy had gone had she lived.

I guess I need to add Luther Perkins as another guitar influence. We had the 8 track of Story Songs of the Trains and Rivers that was a compilation of the JC and the Tennesee Two singles they released on Sun Records. Wreck of the Old 97, Hey Porter, and Rock Island Line still rate as some of my all time favorite Cash songs.

Last edited:
Wait... am I getting this correctly? You guys listen to COUNTRY???

It's like I don't even know you guys anymore! How is it that this is just coming out?

No wonder my RSVP's to Experience keep getting "lost in the mail!" I think I finally understand...

Back