Anyone use a Tremol-No?

ruger9

Love my DGT, want to keep the bridge floating. But I use it for a cover band, and there are songs it would be cool to have there Low E tuned to Eb or D for... so looking for a fast/easy trem locker.... seems the Tremol-No is pretty much the only game in town? Or the only one people use anyway?

I'd be putting one on my strat as well.

I use them on my NF3s in my cover band for the same reasons. Works fine. It's a little work to install but there are videos to show you how.

Echo the experience of TFC. Works great for quickly locking/unlocking the trem as needed. I have two non-PRs guitars that came stock w tremolno so can’t comment personally on installation, but doesn’t look like a complicated/scary mod.

Good luck!

I haven't used it on any of my PRS's, but I did install one on my Ibanez. Installation was actually fairly easy, but definitely recommend watching a video or 2 first just to know what to expect. Very handy tool, works like it says it does so I'd say definitely go for it.

I just picked up an SE custom 24 ltd sandblasted model that has one installed on it. I haven’t had time to really play with it yet, but it gets great reviews everywhere I’ve seen.

Yeah... my DGT trem uses all 5 springs, set that way (stiff) from the factory, and I like it that way. Removing a spring for the Tremol-No might now work for me... unfortunately, the only way to know is to install one.

I guess maybe I could use 4 springs, but also tighten the claw to compensate? Because it's either a tremol-No or I'll have to have a guitar tuned to Eb for a couple of songs, which would be a PITA.

I have one in my SAS. It works well. You have to make sure the alignment is dead on or you may have some issues. I found that I started taking a trem and a stoptail to gigs so I could do a quick drop tune and I didn't really use the device much. I had actually thought about taking it out and putting the guitar back to stock.

Back