Anyone else let down by other humbuckers that split after living with 408's?

CatStrangler

PRS Enthusiast
I got a cool new axe with 59/09's today, sounds great, looks great and plays great. I kind of laughed after trying the split sounds, just no comparison to my Paul's guitars. As humbuckers the 59/09's sound great, there is just no going back for me with the split sounds. Anyone else feel this way?

actually, i quite like the split sounds of my 59/09's in my mccarty korina.

Apologies, I realize I didn't put this in a very tactful way. I wasn't trying to critique the 59/09's specifically. I feel the same way about some 53/10's I have as well. They both sound good split. I just feel PRS really nailed it with the 408's and am spoiled for any other split sounds. If the mods delete this thread I won't mind.

I have yet to try the 408s, I think it is for that reason, everyone I talk with tells me how awesome they are.
At this point I will take the ignorance is bliss approach and continue to love my McCarty

The split on the 408 just kills !!!!
but the split on my #6s has some mojo also ( center and split is :) )

I got a cool new axe with 59/09's today, sounds great, looks great and plays great. I kind of laughed after trying the split sounds, just no comparison to my Paul's guitars. As humbuckers the 59/09's sound great, there is just no going back for me with the split sounds. Anyone else feel this way?

+1

The 408s split brilliantly. They haven't ruined the DGT split for me, but the Mira splits seem pretty anemic in comparison. Haven't spent enough time w/the 57/08s split since I got the 408 to form an opinion.

The 408s sound so great split that they set a new standard as far as I'm concerned.

Traditional coil splits on humbuckers can sound very nice, of course, but they don't sound like single coils. 408s do.

On my CU24, yes. They sound ok at best because of my Paul's guitar. But my DGT, I think holds it own when split.

Agreed, my Paul's Guitar splits are amazing, but the DGT is also fantastic

Apologies, I realize I didn't put this in a very tactful way. I wasn't trying to critique the 59/09's specifically. I feel the same way about some 53/10's I have as well. They both sound good split. I just feel PRS really nailed it with the 408's and am spoiled for any other split sounds. If the mods delete this thread I won't mind.

no need to apologize. i didn't think you were being untactful, nor was i offended. you were just stating your opinion, as was I. glad you enjoy your 408 so much. were all here because we love prs's, no matter what model.

They are certainly nice. Neck split is wicked good. Love neck split with bridge on bucker with volume rolled back. That's my jam!

Back