Any thoughts on 20th Anniv. SC?

Saw one and tried it out a little bit. It is new as it can get for being 05-06'ish, must have been in the closet. The pickups I believe are the 7 treble and 8 bass. They appear stock, whatever they are and they sound really darn good. Any comments on this model, the pickups, or should I just go get the thing already? Have another incoming and dont know if I should let this one pass me by. My PRS addiction is killing me and I could not be happier.:biggrin:

I had one of those. Just love the 20th anniversary birds inlay. Mine weight a lot but sounded huge too.
It came stock with 7 neck & bridge pick up combo.
I was never happy with the way it sounds, and today, I am convinced it was the pick ups.
I wish I still have it and if I find one with a good price I will get it and throw a pair of \m/ pick ups

Rather than start a new thread, I will just add it here. I have a NGD 20th Anniv. SC 250, Artist Package. Two pics below. I will have more later. Pics dont go well for me. Anyway here is the story. Go into GC and there it is, looking like a brand new SC 250, but it is a 2007 run of the 20th Anniv. guitars from 2005. Cat in GC said this model was very popular and it took a long time to complete the run, which was held up while PRS defended themselves and kicked but on Gibby in court over the SC lawsuit. The guitar has never been played and it as new as new can be as it stayed under the bed and was never played it's whole life. The Natural Top and my poor photo skills do not show the quilty flame that pops on this thing. It has a Brazzy board, Treble 7 and Bass 7 pickups in a beautiful leather Artisit case. What a guitar. Sounds wonderful! Just do not know if I want to keep the natural top.

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool. I've never been a huge fan of straight natural, but that top looks great. You KNOW PTC would rock a refin...just sayin'! :vroam:

I feel good that the pups are stock. I will check them out next time I change strings. The headstock is rosewood with Pauls inlaid sig in abalone. I am really liking this guitar, it just may be my favorite. The natural finish has won me over, so no trip to the PTC for color change. Thanks for all the nice comments. I will get some more pics up later next week.

The reason I brought the pickups up is they appear to be scuffed covers. I have probably 10 sets of #7's and never have seen them scuffed.

OK. They are not scuffed, they have a mild crud deposit covering most of the covers. I would not call it calcium build up, just some type of crud? It is on the bridge in a couple of places as well.

Thank you. I take it you like the 7 pups. I have to say I really like them as well. Maybe better than the 53 10s? I never thought I would say that.

Back