any non guitar influences on playing?

Black Morrocan

Although employment and responsibilities means its lost to college years, I definitely rewired my brain with led zep, pink floyd n jethro tull etc

Looking forward to retirement ;)

Lee Michaels. Early 70s. Entire album cut “live” in the studio. 2 guys: Lee on Hammond and vocals, and Frosty on drums. 1 cut; no over tracks. Pretty impressive.

And I had that Technics turntable. o_O

Lee Michaels. Early 70s. Entire album cut “live” in the studio. 2 guys: Lee on Hammond and vocals, and Frosty on drums. 1 cut; no over tracks. Pretty impressive.

And I had that Technics turntable. o_O

I saw that stuff performed. Very cool. And had that turntable, too, but replaced it with a Thorens/SME combination.

I used to love vinyl.

I saw that stuff performed. Very cool. And had that turntable, too, but replaced it with a Thorens/SME combination.

I used to love vinyl.

Similar situation here. I was a fan of AR back in the day, but graduated to Crown, Magneplanar and Thorens. Then I realized, for my purposes, Technics, Sansui and an Idaho Russet would serve me well ;)

Similar situation here. I was a fan of AR back in the day, but graduated to Crown, Magneplanar and Thorens. Then I realized, for my purposes, Technics, Sansui and an Idaho Russet would serve me well ;)

Ah, the days of old-school hi-fi! I remember AR! Very highly regarded acoustic-suspension speakers that were the ‘must haves’ of the 60s and early 70s, plus a very nice turntable.

Before the Thorens, I was into Dual turntables, remember them? They might still be made. It’s been decades since I’ve visited a hi-fi shop.

I started with Advents, moved to Bose 901s (are they still made?) then to an aluminum, huge, upside-down cone-floor standing speaker whose name I can’t remember; then a pair of magneplanars, but they took up so much space, it was hard to find a place to put them, so I switched to B&W monitors that I bought because George Martin was using them at AIR studios.

At that point, I stopped buying hi fi stuff, and was simply buying studio monitors and gear.

Back