Another 408 video (Sweetwater)

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
Do not know why this one has not shown up before in my YouTube searches, but I just saw this on Sweetwaters site.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like how he plays a riff, changes it to single coil mode and plays the same riff again, then switches pickups and repeats the riff two more times. That's how you do a friggin gear video. 9 times out of 10 gear demos are some guitarist wankering away with some blues solo, and that provides basically no information.

That guitar sounds great. Makes me GAS for a 408. There's a demo model right there on Sweetwater (maybe even the exact guitar used in the video) at a very nice price.

I really like how he plays a riff, changes it to single coil mode and plays the same riff again, then switches pickups and repeats the riff two more times. That's how you do a friggin gear video. 9 times out of 10 gear demos are some guitarist wankering away with some blues solo, and that provides basically no information.

That guitar sounds great. Makes me GAS for a 408. There's a demo model right there on Sweetwater (maybe even the exact guitar used in the video) at a very nice price.

Yeah, that was one of the best demos i've seen. He actually gave you useful information and played something that you could relate to. It also appeared that he gave some thought and effort into planning it out and seemed enthused about it, not like most demos where the guy(s) look like someone's pulling a porcupine quill out their arse. I've been very unimpressed by the 408 so far, but that demo is making me rethink it. PRS could watch this and maybe learn a thing or two or three about how to produce a demo that impresses.

I too have to agree I like his demo style of repeating the same riff to hear the tone differences.
If I ever do a demo vid of my 408, that is if my 408 ever shows up, I would do it the same way :D
We have no idea where it is in production, and he emailed his sales rep last week who has not returned an answer yet.
It was ordered a few months back.

Back