Andy Timmons Halo Pedal

I am planning on buying a Halo. I have been stalking them on Reverb for about a week now. I think I am either going to buy the Sweetwater Red version or the Guitar Center Cosmos version. People seem to think the red ones are worth a lot more when they cost the same new. I have tried to buy a few of them with reasonable offers, looking at the price they are currently selling at, and been shot down on all of them. What is funny is I have seen people tell me the price they gave me is their lowest price so I reject it and move on to then see it sell. Then I look at the sales numbers for that day and see that only one sold that day in the listed condition of the one I made the offer on. The price they sold it for was less than they offered it to me for and right around where I was going to counter... No explanation for that kind of behavior.

My plan is to wait and watch for black Friday sales that may make it cheaper. Sweetwater told me they will probably have some sales that will include this pedal.

I am planning on buying a Halo. I have been stalking them on Reverb for about a week now. I think I am either going to buy the Sweetwater Red version or the Guitar Center Cosmos version. People seem to think the red ones are worth a lot more when they cost the same new. I have tried to buy a few of them with reasonable offers, looking at the price they are currently selling at, and been shot down on all of them. What is funny is I have seen people tell me the price they gave me is their lowest price so I reject it and move on to then see it sell. Then I look at the sales numbers for that day and see that only one sold that day in the listed condition of the one I made the offer on. The price they sold it for was less than they offered it to me for and right around where I was going to counter... No explanation for that kind of behavior.

My plan is to wait and watch for black Friday sales that may make it cheaper. Sweetwater told me they will probably have some sales that will include this pedal.
I Have The Cosmos And The Red...Both Nice Colors But The Cosmos Is Way Cool IMO. It Is Not Something You See Everyday. I Saw A White One At One And A Grayish One With Some Waves On It At The Time When I Was On My Spree With These. I Will One Day Have Them All Since I Love The Pedal So Much. That Limited Edition Light Bending One I Have Is The Coolest Of The Bunch But It Cost More. If You Want Wild, Go Cosmos...If You Want Pretty Red...Go SW Exclusive.

I Have The Cosmos And The Red...Both Nice Colors But The Cosmos Is Way Cool IMO. It Is Not Something You See Everyday. I Saw A White One At One And A Grayish One With Some Waves On It At The Time When I Was On My Spree With These. I Will One Day Have Them All Since I Love The Pedal So Much. That Limited Edition Light Bending One I Have Is The Coolest Of The Bunch But It Cost More. If You Want Wild, Go Cosmos...If You Want Pretty Red...Go SW Exclusive.
The Red and the Cosmos are definitely the two I am watching. According to the GC website, the one by me has a Cosmos in stock.

But they're the same pedal? Just different colors?

The Red and the Cosmos are definitely the two I am watching. According to the GC website, the one by me has a Cosmos in stock.
I Would Be All Over That Cosmos. :) It Is Cool Looking And Changes Color In The Light With A Little Sparkle To Keep Things Interesting. I Imagine You Will Either Love It Or Hate It (Looks Wise). It Is Definitely Unique!

I Would Be All Over That Cosmos. :) It Is Cool Looking And Changes Color In The Light With A Little Sparkle To Keep Things Interesting. I Imagine You Will Either Love It Or Hate It (Looks Wise). It Is Definitely Unique!
Guitar Center has a used Cosmos at a price that isn't too bad. However, I know how bad guitar center is about keeping the original packaging and bet they don't have any of it.

I called them today. They said they can't discount any Keeley pedals. I told them that Sweetwater is willing to discount it. He said if I forwarded him the email from Sweetwater that he would see what he could do about matching the price.

Guitar Center has a used Cosmos at a price that isn't too bad. However, I know how bad guitar center is about keeping the original packaging and bet they don't have any of it.

I called them today. They said they can't discount any Keeley pedals. I told them that Sweetwater is willing to discount it. He said if I forwarded him the email from Sweetwater that he would see what he could do about matching the price.
They Have A Price Match Policy On New Items. It Shouldn't Be An Issue.

Guitar Center

I wouldn't buy from them on principal...

"there's nothing we can do"

"OH in that case there's something we can do"

"Prove it first"

Just give me your price and let me decide instead of the used car Eddie game.

Well, first thing this morning I received an offer on a new black version that is going to be hard to pass on. I may just do it so I get the pedal. The sound is what I am really after. The color is a secondary thing. The red may be a little much on my board anyway. I already have two of the Keeley Super AT Mod pedals on it and I own the JHS @+ that is also in red. If I put them all on the board at the same time, that is a lot of red, even though it is my favorite color.

Guitar Center also has a used one in Cosmos that is priced decent but I don't know if it has all of the packaging with it. I know they are notorious for throwing the packaging away for used pedals. They don't want to store it.

Well, first thing this morning I received an offer on a new black version that is going to be hard to pass on. I may just do it so I get the pedal. The sound is what I am really after. The color is a secondary thing. The red may be a little much on my board anyway. I already have two of the Keeley Super AT Mod pedals on it and I own the JHS @+ that is also in red. If I put them all on the board at the same time, that is a lot of red, even though it is my favorite color.

Guitar Center also has a used one in Cosmos that is priced decent but I don't know if it has all of the packaging with it. I know they are notorious for throwing the packaging away for used pedals. They don't want to store it.
That Would Be A Lot Of Red...LOL. The Black Pedal Looks Great IMO As Well. If You Can Grab One Cheap That Is A Blessing.

Regarding The GC Used Boxing Thing...I Have Bought A Lot Of Used Pedals From Them Over The Years And More Times Than Not I Get The Original Packaging. You Can Always Call Them And Ask Them ( I Know You Know This) And See If They Have It.

I wouldn't buy from them on principal...

"there's nothing we can do"

"OH in that case there's something we can do"

"Prove it first"

Just give me your price and let me decide instead of the used car Eddie game.
In Their Mind That Is Exactly What They Did Do...List Price...LOL. Now They Are seeing If They Have "Authority" To Do What Their Pricing Policy Says They Can Do...LOL. It Would Be Nice If The Employee's Were Empowered To Make Decisions. Then Again, I Could See That Ruining The Company Overnight With Who They Hire...LOL.

That Would Be A Lot Of Red...LOL. The Black Pedal Looks Great IMO As Well. If You Can Grab One Cheap That Is A Blessing.

Regarding The GC Used Boxing Thing...I Have Bought A Lot Of Used Pedals From Them Over The Years And More Times Than Not I Get The Original Packaging. You Can Always Call Them And Ask Them ( I Know You Know This) And See If They Have It.
I plan on calling once I get a break in the meeting schedule today.

I called on the used one that GC had in Cosmos. The guy said it has the box and paperwork with it. I bought it. I would like to have got it slightly cheaper but I think I will like it so I went with it.

I called on the used one that GC had in Cosmos. The guy said it has the box and paperwork with it. I bought it. I would like to have got it slightly cheaper but I think I will like it so I went with it.
NICE!

The Cosmos Halo just showed up. I am glad that I went with this finish over the red. This thing is really cool looking. Hopefully I get a chance to plug it in here soon to check it out.

I have the pedal setting on my desk while I am on some calls. I have to say that outside of the one with the plexiglass on it, I think this is the coolest finish they make them in. It is way better than the standard black finish. I know the red one is exactly the same red as the Super AT Mod pedals I have. They look nice too but this Cosmos finish is very unique and cool.

I also got really lucky and it has the box and all of the stuff in the box that came with it new. So far I am a very happy customer.

I got to plug into it for a few minutes to make sure all works as it should. I did a factory reset on it because a lot of the settings sounded the same to me. I could hear differences after the reset. I guess that is the peril of buying a used or returned item. Thankfully the reset was easy and it is back to factory. This will take some time of playing with it to get it where I want it for sure. It is going to take a little time to just figure out all of the different sounds I can get out of it. So far, it does things that no other pedal I have does. That is a great thing.

I have the pedal setting on my desk while I am on some calls. I have to say that outside of the one with the plexiglass on it, I think this is the coolest finish they make them in. It is way better than the standard black finish. I know the red one is exactly the same red as the Super AT Mod pedals I have. They look nice too but this Cosmos finish is very unique and cool.

I also got really lucky and it has the box and all of the stuff in the box that came with it new. So far I am a very happy customer.
It Really Is A Cool Pedal And The Cosmos Finish (To Me) Is Way Cool. The Plexi Glass Pedal Is Unique And Out There In Its Own Way But If We Are Talking Pure Paint, The Cosmos Color Rules In My Book.

If anyone has been thinking about getting one of these now is your time! Guitar center and Sweetwater have them for 15% off. That includes the GC Cosmos and SW Red finishes. They are $254.15 on both sites this morning. Looks like my SW rep was right about there being a sale that would affect these. Thankfully the one I bought was in new condition and was cheaper than this sale price. However, if I had not bought that one, I would be ordering one this morning.

Back