Amusing Story Thread

Ovibos

Naughty Wood Librarian
Post amusing stories about your PRS's (or related) here.

I'll start with something mildly amusing from tonight:

I've been playing my #1, the RLCE24, a lot recently. Even did a few outdoor shows, with sweaty hands and all.

Strings are sounding kinda dead, but I had a rehearsal to go to and no time. I think to myself "since the strings are dying, I'll give my old SECU24 some work!" Grabbed it off the wall, threw into into the gig bag sharing the main pocket with a big book of Led Zeppelin.

Got to the music store where we rehearse, pulled out the SE and of course the strings snag on the Zep book and *poink* goes the high E...

Teacher says "I have some spare single strings, what do you play - 10's?" Just to be difficult, I'm playing 9.5's.

And so, for the whole night I'm playing a surprisingly not terrible Hofner ES335 copy off the shop wall.

The universe really just wanted me to change strings tonight. That, and find a better way to carry sheet music.

OK, my amusing story for this week, although I think the conversation occurred a couple of weeks ago:

I had just told my wife about the Al DiMeola Prism guitar that I had agreed to by via Reverb. This was just following receiving my Ebony board Burled Poplar top SVN the week before. And the not-insignificant chunk of change I dropped at Experience on my Special Semihollow Ltd.

So she said: "OK, maybe we should limit you to one PRS a quarter."

Me: "Hmm, I'm 50 years old. I therefore should have 200 PRS guitars by now, but I have maybe 25. I have some catching up to do!"

She was not amused by my math.

OK, my amusing story for this week, although I think the conversation occurred a couple of weeks ago:

I had just told my wife about the Al DiMeola Prism guitar that I had agreed to by via Reverb. This was just following receiving my Ebony board Burled Poplar top SVN the week before. And the not-insignificant chunk of change I dropped at Experience on my Special Semihollow Ltd.

So she said: "OK, maybe we should limit you to one PRS a quarter."

Me: "Hmm, I'm 50 years old. I therefore should have 200 PRS guitars by now, but I have maybe 25. I have some catching up to do!"

She was not amused by my math.

All I get out of that is you're allowed to buy another guitar in October.

Me: "Hmm, I'm 50 years old. I therefore should have 200 PRS guitars by now, but I have maybe 25. I have some catching up to do!".
Unless today is your birthday, you should somewhere between 201 and 203 PRS guitars by now

i don’t get it (not been to new jersey).

I don't think the TSA agent got it either. I assumed he thought they were made in NJ. It reminded me then and now of a young girl me and my lady ran into in east texas. My ladies daughter lived there and wanted some sashimi which is very alien to East Texas... She said "I know what Sushi is, I been to a chinese restaurant before".....kinda the same thing.

Reactions: jxe
All I get out of that is you're allowed to buy another guitar in October.
That's how I read it.

Then again in January...April...:D
Indeed, that is what I'm running with.

I have two PRSi builds on order already...one due 2018Q4, the other due maybe 2019Q2. So clearly I need to ramp up for 2019Q1.

I would have bought Sergio's DC3, but he already moved it on to another forum member, dangit!

Maybe a Core Starla (used, obviously). That kinda pricing will help balance out the much higher costs associated with those two builds!

My amusing story to share involves almost failing UIL State with a 5 for almost playing the wrong guitar composition. This was many years ago when I was still dabbling in classical guitar ensemble, back in high school.

For further context- grading is on a scale from 1 to 5. 1 being superior, 5 being the worst, a failing score. What happened was that the piece I selected (some stuff by Andrew York) for state somehow didn't get through to the judges, and I was informed by my high school teacher about an hour before it was my turn to go that the judge(s) still have me down for playing what I initially used when passing through UIL Regionals. So I grinded through that until it was my turn, played it out, and walked away with a 1. On top of that, I was the only one in my group to get a 1 that semester, and my classmates trying their hand with guitar pieces only got 2's at best.

Back