Amp head slip covers

Sekunda

Music is life
Does anyone know if either the "ACC-2121 - 2 Channel Custom Head Cover" or the "ACC-2122 - Archon Head Cover" will fit on the 50 watt HX/DA head? Just wondering if anyone has bought these and tried them.

Thanks guys!

Matt:

Send a note to Designed 2 Fit Covers - http://www.d2fcovers.com/ - and inquire what they have that will fit.
If none, they'll send you a form to specify head dimensions; return to them for a quick quote.
Satisfied customer (3 different covers), not related.
Good luck!

Sekunda, when the covers came out I asked about it and was told they aren't fitted for the HXDA. Whether they'd work in a pinch, I guess you'd have to get measurements or try it out.

A very worthy alternative is the zip-around Studio Slips clamshell, that encases the entire amp, including the bottom of the amp. I had a couple that I used when transporting my Two-Rock heads between studios, and they were superb. Better protection than any slip-over cover, the only thing is that they don't work as easily as dust covers in, say, a studio because you have to lift the head up, etc, in order to put the cover on.

However, if you need a cover to transport an amp, best thing short of a road case.

Those D2F covers look well made, too!

Last edited:
Almost a year ago to the day, I posted this:

As for me, I didn't need a 'road case' or high end padded slip covers for my PRS HXDA Head and Big Mouth Cabinet, just basic black cost effective covers to keep the dust off and to prevent scratches when putting them in the trunk and/or back seat of the car. (The HXDA Head is the same size as the 25th Anniversary, btw)

Solution:

http://www.amplifiercovers.com/

Just got mine today. They fit perfectly. One thing, they don't have a warehouse, so when you order, they make yours just for your rig.

Highly Recommended.

+1 for studioslips, I recently got 2 x padded slip covers (one for a custom cab and one for my 2x12 HXDA) and 1 x double padded clamshell for a small wedge. They were all pretty much custom dimensions but Susan worked with my drawings/dimensions/design and they nailed it, the covers are fantastic.

Back