American parts on s2?

Chiliphil1

I have an s2 custom 24 and I was looking through the PRS online store and I was wondering if a few of the core parts would fit on the guitar, namely the tremolo, the bone tuner buttons, and the drop in pot/switch combo. Does anyone know if these parts will fit the s2 without mods? If the tuner buttons won't work on the s2 tuners (though they look just like phase 2's) Then will the phase 3 tuners fit on the s2? Anyone know?

I just modded the $hit out of my S2 semi hollow custom 22, this passed weekend, and used all American PRS parts. I bought a MANN-made tremolo and it dropped right in. I bought the prewired harness as well, and the pots fit, but the wires were WAY too short to work. I had to completely rewire the pre wired harness. Also the prewired harness does not come with the blade switch so you will have to remove that and replace it with the blade. I bought the prewired harness basically so I wouldn't need to figure out a wiring diagram, so it wasn't too big of a deal to rewire it, but it was a bit disappointing. I replaced both pots, the blade switch (the US switch was a very big difference in both design and quality from the Korean switch) and the pickups (replaced w/ 59/09's). I also replaced the tuner buttons with ones from stew mac and they were a direct replacement... Not sure about the bone ones though, I'm pretty sure that the phase III tuners are not a direct replacement to the S2 tuners, but I think the tuner buttons are... Just not positive. If You see my thread "My S2 Mods: Pic heavy" from couple of days ago, you'll be able to see before and after shots. The guitar was great before the mods, now she is KILLER!!

Back