Add phase switching to SE Standard 24

NW3

Hello,

I have an SE Standard 24 (Two humbuckers, 1 volume, 1 tone (w/ coil split) and a three-way blade switch). I want to add a in/out phase option. I figure I have three options that don't require major surgery:

(1) Replace volume w/ push-pull volume, wire push pull for in/out phase
(2) Install five way blade and incorporate phase in/out into wiring, keep tone push pull for coil split
(3) Install five way blade and incorporate coil split into wiring, re-purpose tone push pull for phase in/out

Option 1 would probably be easiest but I cannot find any reliable schematics for the SE Standard, much less one that shows any modifications. Accurate pickup wiring color codes would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

You can figure out the wires just by looking at your guitar. Whichever goes to the switch is hot, to the pot casing is ground and shield, to the push/pull are the coil finish wires.

wd2hh3l11_03__94486.1470694234.jpg

I had a tech tell me that you couldn't get coil tapping without changing from a 3-way to a 5-way selector switch. I didn't think he was right, but gw said he'd been a guitar tech for 30 years. I didn't see the sense in arguing.

I had a tech tell me that you couldn't get coil tapping without changing from a 3-way to a 5-way selector switch. I didn't think he was right, but gw said he'd been a guitar tech for 30 years. I didn't see the sense in arguing.
He was wrong. All you need is a push pull tone pot to go along with the 3 way.

Back