Absolute BEST actors on the planet

rugerpc

A♥ hoards guitars ♥A Soldier 25, DFZ
In deference to Les, Who is the best actor on the planet? Any particular performance that really stands out?

Daniel Day Lewis in There Will Be Blood is the most memorable in my lifetime (for me).

Daniel Day Lewis in There Will Be Blood is the most memorable in my lifetime (for me).

DDL has done some amazing work. I loved him in "In the name of the father" and "My left foot". I'm also looking forward to seeing "Lincoln". But I did feel his character in "There will be blood" was very similar to the character he played in "Gangs of New York".

I think Daniel Day Lewis is the PRS of actors. lol The best of the best. What he does to submerge himself into a role is truely amazing. I think some actors like a Brad Pitt are really good depending on the situation. He was awesome in Moneyball, but maybe not so great in some others. Like Johnny Deep. I will say that I think Leonardo Dicaprio is awesome. i can't think of a bad movie he's been in.

Anyone who has been in the business long enough has done some crappy movies, but I think Edward Norton is one of the better "young" actors. Robert Deniro and Robert Duvall are two of the better old school actors.

Anyone who has been in the business long enough has done some crappy movies, but I think Edward Norton is one of the better "young" actors. Robert Deniro and Robert Duvall are two of the better old school actors.

I could not agree more!

No particular order:

Sam Rockwell
Kevin Spacey
Russell Crowe
Tim Roth
Gary Oldman

All great!!!

Billy Bob Thornton in anything - Amazing and criminally underrated IMO.
Tommy Lee Jones, especially in "Lonesome Dove" and "The Three Burials of Milq. Estrada"
Robert Duvall in anything - (Same as Billy Bob.)
Tom Hanks in anything - I don't know of a more versatile actor.

As for females, I'm at a loss. There must be some great ones out there, but I miss them somehow. The last great actress I remember is Cher.

Lloyd/Goldtop/QoC

Billy Bob Thornton in Sling Blade did quite a performance.

Also, what comes to mind is Jack Nickolson and all the bunch in One Flew Over The Cookoo's Nest

Back