A simple loop for some Em inspiration

Black Plaid

Other Alan!
So, I got a looper that holds more than one loop.

Been using it to stash random inspired riffs.

I don't even remember putting this one in, but I stumbled across it and found out it's kinda fun for playing Em improv over (and it's pretty much the only key I can confidently play in anyway).

I thought I'd share it, in case anyone else finds it useful.

Also did some unrehearsed "improv" over it, for .. uhh .. demonstration purposes.

The speaking mic is hard left, and the guitars are all hard right, sorry about that.

Enjoy?

PS: The riff is just a simple: CDED CDED CDED CAGA .. ad infinitum

Last edited:
I realized how very annoying the audio was, so took some time and tried fixing it up.

The background should be ducked (manually) under the speaking, and it's now monorial audio.

It's educational to watch yourself play. I don't actually do much video recording (obvies), but watching this I keep thinking of things I should have done better.

I think my favorite bits are the parts where I stop playing. Seriously, continuous playing is like a run-on sentence, it's annoying.

Reactions: jxe
Just had another thought, for anyone that is interested, but doesn't have a looper, I can throw up a track of the loop on Soundcloud or something that just goes for a while.

If perhaps any of you folks are interested in expanding your musical ability, try locating a Kyser DADGAD capo and putting it on the 2nd fret of your acoustic. Opens up an entirely new world of open-chording in diads and triads you'll find yourself enjoying like, forever? Not only is DADGAD pleasing to the ear, it's also easier to play beautiful chords that can be strung well together in lots of combinations.

You'll be saying, "Thanks a lot, buddy!" quicker than it took me the time to write this...

sweet loop track. I basically only throw down chords on mine. I'm gonna have to try that. ...guitar sounds awesome as well.

Back