A simple loop for some Em inspiration

Discussion in 'Studio & Stage' started by Black Plaid, May 1, 2019.

1. Black Plaid

Black Plaid just another Alan

So, I got a looper that holds more than one loop.

Been using it to stash random inspired riffs.

I don't even remember putting this one in, but I stumbled across it and found out it's kinda fun for playing Em improv over (and it's pretty much the only key I can confidently play in anyway).

I thought I'd share it, in case anyone else finds it useful.

Also did some unrehearsed "improv" over it, for .. uhh .. demonstration purposes.

The speaking mic is hard left, and the guitars are all hard right, sorry about that.

Enjoy?

PS: The riff is just a simple: CDED CDED CDED CAGA .. ad infinitum

#1 Black Plaid, May 1, 2019
    Last edited: May 2, 2019
    dsenoj, LSchefman and bodia like this.
  2. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

Nice!

Black Plaid likes this.
  3. Black Plaid

I realized how very annoying the audio was, so took some time and tried fixing it up.

The background should be ducked (manually) under the speaking, and it's now monorial audio.

4. Black Plaid

It's educational to watch yourself play. I don't actually do much video recording (obvies), but watching this I keep thinking of things I should have done better.

I think my favorite bits are the parts where I stop playing. Seriously, continuous playing is like a run-on sentence, it's annoying.

jxe likes this.
  5. Black Plaid

Just had another thought, for anyone that is interested, but doesn't have a looper, I can throw up a track of the loop on Soundcloud or something that just goes for a while.

6. Wakester

Wakester Re Member

I've doing something similar using Am and Asus2. I lay down a fingerpick rythym track, then just noodle a lead run over the top. I'm using a Boss RC1 looper.

Black Plaid likes this.
  7. CandidPicker

CandidPicker Feed & Seed

If perhaps any of you folks are interested in expanding your musical ability, try locating a Kyser DADGAD capo and putting it on the 2nd fret of your acoustic. Opens up an entirely new world of open-chording in diads and triads you'll find yourself enjoying like, forever? Not only is DADGAD pleasing to the ear, it's also easier to play beautiful chords that can be strung well together in lots of combinations.

You'll be saying, "Thanks a lot, buddy!" quicker than it took me the time to write this...

Black Plaid and jxe like this.
  8. LSchefman

LSchefman Hears Tones

How did I not see this before? Yeah, that’s some sweet stuff! You sound great.

Black Plaid likes this.
  9. Outlier22

Outlier22 New Member

sweet loop track. I basically only throw down chords on mine. I'm gonna have to try that. ...guitar sounds awesome as well.

Black Plaid likes this.