A little more history

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgman

At one time there was a PRS Forum, it was a long time ago and I do not know the name of it. There was a feud or schism within it that resulted in its death.

The former members started at least two other boards; BAM and PRSForums. There were hurt feelings :( on both sides. Both forums were active for many years, BAM folded and PRSF is still thriving.

Two posts made this morning have lead me to believe that some of the bad blood still exists:
I POSTED:
mgman wrote
:I'm also happy to be here, this is great!
I also spend time at the Non-BAM PRS Forum. The folks here appear to be oblivious to its existence. It has a large international membership.

TheMike Responded:
"If it's the forum I think your talking about, we're not oblivious - just pretend it doesn't exist :twisted: :lol:"

It is time to move on, open our minds and get positive. Members of both forums are registering here. Some of them know PRSH and many have invested enormous amounts of time, money and love for their PRS guitars. You have talked to them at Experience. They live in Maryland, DC, Toronto, Spain, Portugal, Japan, Poland, Scandinavia and other places around the world

A mind is a terrible thing to close. Serious attempts by either group to dominate this forum will be met with pity. There is only one "We" here. :D

+1
I think that everyone knows this isn't a reincarnation of that other forum, and that it should not be looked upon, posted in, or moderated as such.
This is a new place, and everyone is to be treated equally, bar none.

berto said:
Start this place drama free.

It's mandatory!

Thanks to all the PRSForums folks for signing up and thanks for doing what you do and will continue to do.

This should be a good thing moving forward. All of us at PRS are happy to see so many familiar and unfamiliar names already signed up.

james said:
berto said:
Start this place drama free.

It's mandatory!

Thanks to all the PRSForums folks for signing up and thanks for doing what you do and will continue to do.

This should be a good thing moving forward. All of us at PRS are happy to see so many familiar and unfamiliar names already signed up.

Thanks James!
I still can't believe what I was playing before I got introduced to your fantastic instruments...
SMH...
:D

<drama!>
Maybe it speaks volumes about which PRS forum was the REAL PRS forum, that when one in particular suddenly goes offline, PRS Guitars gets their own forum going to fill the gap... :twisted: :mrgreen: :eek:

</drama!!>

John Beef said:
<drama!>
Maybe it speaks volumes about which PRS forum was the REAL PRS forum, that when one in particular suddenly goes offline, PRS Guitars gets their own forum going to fill the gap... :twisted: :mrgreen: :eek:

</drama!!>
:lol:
You're a funny guy...
I hope...

mgman said:
Two posts made this morning have lead me to believe that some of the bad blood still exists:
I think TheMike was 12 when that feud went down. I am sure he didn't realize the land mine he stepped on when he made that comment. Don't take that to mean I agree with the comment. I don't. While I don't post there often, I am a member of that board too. I do know that Mike is a nice guy and didn't realize the sensitivities surrounding it.

There is a lot his history in our community. The history of this forum (which openly welcomes everyone with a clean slate) has yet to be written.

Your point is well made I have deep respect for the sentiment. I cannot ensure that everyone's baggage remains mutually exclusive. I can, however, enforce the rules of the board.

Clean slate. Let's keep it that way and see what we can make of it.

FOLLOWERS: ...Look! Ah! Oh! Oh!

ARTHUR: He has given us a sign!

FOLLOWER: Oh!

SHOE FOLLOWER: He has given us... His shoe!

ARTHUR: The shoe is the sign. Let us follow His example.

SPIKE: What?

ARTHUR: Let us, like Him, hold up one shoe and let the other be upon our foot, for this is His sign, that all who follow Him shall do likewise.

EDDIE: Yes.

SHOE FOLLOWER: No, no, no. The shoe is...

YOUTH: No.

SHOE FOLLOWER: ...a sign that we must gather shoes together in abundance.

GIRL: Cast off...

SPIKE: Aye. What?

GIRL: ...the shoes! Follow the Gourd!

SHOE FOLLOWER: No! Let us gather shoes together!

FRANK: Yes.

SHOE FOLLOWER: Let me!

ELSIE: Oh, get off!

YOUTH: No, no! It is a sign that, like Him, we must think not of the things of the body, but of the face and head!

SHOE FOLLOWER: Give me your shoe!

YOUTH: Get off!

GIRL: Follow the Gourd! The Holy Gourd of Jerusalem!

FOLLOWER: The Gourd!

HARRY: Hold up the sandal, as He has commanded us!

ARTHUR: It is a shoe! It is a shoe!

HARRY: It's a sandal!

ARTHUR: No, it isn't!

GIRL: Cast it away!

ARTHUR: Put it on!

YOUTH: And clear off!

SHOE FOLLOWER: Take the shoes and follow Him!

GIRL: Come,...

FRANK: Yes!

GIRL: ...all ye who call yourself Gourdenes!

SPIKE: Stop! Stop! Stop, I say! Stop! Let us-- let us pray. Yea, He cometh to us, like the seed to the grain.

I claim the first Monty Python post of this Forum!!

Hopefully we can all get on..... Whether you are a gourd or a shoe, we are all here to follow the same!

Tim said:
I claim the first Monty Python post of this Forum!!

Hopefully we can all get on..... Whether you are a gourd or a shoe, we are all here to follow the same!

Thank you...oh Tim...the Enchanter...

tim%2Bthe%2Benchanter.jpg

Listen I wont want to drag anything in the mud but at the time your initial comment came off slightly condescending to me, which is why I snidely replied with that I did. I was not involved in the great battle of the forums, and only know what I do from stories told by soldiers who were wounded on the battlefield so I don't have a dog in any fight.

I respect the sentiment of your message completely though! Cheers man :lol:

At the end of the day I don't think ANYONE cares what message board someone use to post on as long they are here to support the company and brand of PRS. :D

Hans said:
I think TheMike was 12 when that feud went down.

I was a very sophisticated 12, Hans!

I will respond for "correctness only", and not comment on some of the other things...

mgman said:
At one time there was a PRS Forum, it was a long time ago and I do not know the name of it. There was a feud or schism within it that resulted in its death.

Back in 1999, Brian Scherzer created the PRS Forum. It was done with the knowledge and permission of PRSH (and the company). They were allowed to use trademarked images (such as the PRS Eagle) on the site.

After almost 5 years, Brian decided to close that site. The reasons are his, I know what they were, but I'll not delve into that.

The former members started at least two other boards; BAM and PRSForums. There were hurt feelings :( on both sides. Both forums were active for many years, BAM folded and PRSF is still thriving.

Somewhat true.

Soon after the original PRS Forum closed, someone (who was not a member of that original PRS Forum), opened up PRS Forums. Many were upset that they chose such a similar name, and it caused much confusion.

Soon after that, BaM was started by a former PRS Forum Member.

Many old timers went to BaM, and many (me included) went to both sites.

Unfortunately, the original Admin banned many, many, former BaM members (including me) and the bad blood began.

I POSTED:
mgman wrote
:I'm also happy to be here, this is great!
I also spend time at the Non-BAM PRS Forum. The folks here appear to be oblivious to its existence. It has a large international membership.

TheMike Responded:
"If it's the forum I think your talking about, we're not oblivious - just pretend it doesn't exist :twisted: :lol:"

It is time to move on, open our minds and get positive. Members of both forums are registering here. Some of them know PRSH and many have invested enormous amounts of time, money and love for their PRS guitars. You have talked to them at Experience. They live in Maryland, DC, Toronto, Spain, Portugal, Japan, Poland, Scandinavia and other places around the world

A mind is a terrible thing to close. Serious attempts by either group to dominate this forum will be met with pity. There is only one "We" here. :D

That said, there is plenty of room for everyone. Just setting the record straight...

Jamie

I got bounced out of that place (banned FOR LIFE!!!) for asking why someone else was banned. It gave me warm and fuzzies.

Let's not forget I was the first one banned from there, on the first day it opened...
Just saying, with pride :)

If anybody's curious, that's where the whole "Ban Dan" joke started.

Dan Desy said:
Let's not forget I was the first one banned from there, on the first day it opened...
Just saying, with pride :)

If anybody's curious, that's where the whole "Ban Dan" joke started.

Dan, it is my sincere wish that this is exactly what needs so very much to be forgotten sir.
Peace brothers.

What other forum are you guys talking about, exactly? Apparently I've never heard of it, but I'm feeling left out not having been banned and all.

Zilmo said:
I got bounced out of that place (banned FOR LIFE!!!) for asking why someone else was banned. It gave me warm and fuzzies.

That's what you get for being so nosey. :D

Hello all! Regarding the initial post of this thread, there was no battle between members that led to the closing of the original PRS Forum. Having largely remained silent for a long time, and since there are still unfounded rumors circulating, I'd like to set the record straight.

Neither Paul or anyone at PRS asked me to close the original PRS Forum. Nobody at PRS offended me and there was never an argument between any PRS employee and me. In fact, no company I know of could have made me feel more welcome than PRS Guitars. The real story has no drama (a statement that may upset some people!). I was aware that some things on the forum were causing problems and I saw a situation developing that I felt might put the management of the company into a position of needing to ask me for something that I would have been uncomfortable doing in the way of deleting some posts. It was always my sense that Paul supported the idea of the forum. Having gotten to know Paul as a person in our various conversations, I respect him and like him. It was my decision to end the forum and that decision was made out of friendship as a proactive way of avoiding putting anyone at the company in a position that I perceived might be awkward. In fact, Paul asked me to reconsider. I closed the forum for the reasons stated.

Prior to closing the PRS Forum I suggested to Paul that the company do its own forum. It took a while :mrgreen: but it has now come into fruition. As someone who was and still am loyal to PRS Guitars and to Paul, I would not have been willing to run a forum that did not have close ties to the company. I was also not comfortable with censoring what I suspected needed to be censored. As I saw it, eventually something would have had to give. Again, it was out of caring for the man and the company that bears his name that led to my decision. To this day I believe that I did the right thing, and I am here to attest to the fact that there is no better company to have been affiliated with than this one.

Having set the record straight, I applaud the opening of this official PRS Guitars forum. It is my hope that you care for PRS as much as I do and will honor the rules that were chosen here. I remain a fan and fondly remember the folks who were kind enough to open their doors to us for the PRS Forum Events that eventually led to The PRS Experience. Paul, the real person, is no different than the one you see at various events around the world. He's the real deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back