6V6 tubes?

vchizzle

Zomb!e Nine, DFZ
PRS doesn't seem to use them much. Is the Sweet 16 the only amp? I'd love to see an amp that uses 4 6V6 tubes.

6V6 can be a sweet sounding tube in the right amp! I really ought to check out a Sweet 16. I saw one on the Northeast Music site recently, so maybe Jack still has one.

6V6 can be a sweet sounding tube in the right amp! I really ought to check out a Sweet 16. I saw one on the Northeast Music site recently, so maybe Jack still has one.

Especially since you still need another amp to go with the 20th....

Especially since you still need another amp to go with the 20th....

Hah!

I have my heart set on a DG50 later this year, if all goes according to plan.

But if my fretting hand gets worse, I'm going to wear a glove, change my identity to Dr. Strangelove, and sell all my guitars and amps off.

Hah!

I have my heart set on a DG50 later this year, if all goes according to plan.

But if my fretting hand gets worse, I'm going to wear a glove, change my identity to Dr. Strangelove, and sell all my guitars and amps off.
"Sir, I have a plan!".....If Django could do it with two fingers....

"Sir, I have a plan!".....If Django could do it with two fingers....

Yeah, but he was Django. I'm not. The hand stops working, actually I won't sell the gear off, but I will send it to my son.

"Does your son even appreciate your guitars at all, Les?"

"No. He knows not the ways of the PRS Force, even though he played one for years."

"So why would you send him your stuff?"

"Because my daughters don't play guitar."

Seems like if you're not going to use them and don't want/need the money, and your son won't appreciate them, you could have a forum raffle or something. I, for one, would have a rather giant stiffy to receive any one of your guitars, amps, or recording gear.

Back the original subject, seems like 6V6 is a generally underutilized tube. I wanted to convert my 50 watt head over to run 6V6s, but the internal plate voltages were like 550 volts and the original builder (Bruce Egnater) said I'd nuke any 6V6 with voltages like that. He said 400 and under.

Seems like if you're not going to use them and don't want/need the money, and your son won't appreciate them, you could have a forum raffle or something. I, for one, would have a rather giant stiffy to receive any one of your guitars, amps, or recording gear.

I think he'd appreciate them later in life. Truly.

Fuchs ODS-30 here with 4 x 6V6. And half power switch.
Also, Mesa Blue Angel with 4 x 6V6 PLUS 2 x el84.

Both have killer sounds.
(No relation to any gypsy jazz dude!)

Carr Slant 6V has 4 6v6s, 2 cathode biased, 2 fixed biased, you can use either pair or all 4 for 18, 22 or 40 (very loud) watts. 2 channels completely independent, great amps (have 4 various ages and configurations) along with PRS, Two Rock, Marshall, Rivera (Venus 6 another 4x 6v6 amp but it weighs a ton), usually take 2 amps to gigs (love the sound of clean and dirty amps mixed) but in fairness any of my amps can be heard on their own in a fairly noisy 5 piece band ;-)

Back